Who is the Best Running Back in 1A?

Guest 4life

Wow. Not only did I never say Collinwood was in East Tennessee, but that doesn't even relate to what we were talking about. I feel sorry for you because your best argument IS SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED 2 YEARS AGO!!

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT RUNNING BACKS!!

^Lets do that.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would add upcoming CPA's Luke Landers name in the mix. I don't have his numbers but at least 8 TD's after missing at least two games this year. He had a great game last night against Ezelll Harding. He is fast and will juke his defenders out of their socks. He does well on defense also.

Landers is a great back, but totally different than Wooden. He is smaller, but runs very hard for his size. He will not plow over anyone, but once past the line of scrimmage will leave you picking up your "jo..." with his moves.

He missed the first 2 games completely and played with the lingering mono symptoms at Murphy, N.C. and still had a great game.

Wooden has it all as best as I can tell from seeing him last year and what he has done this year. Both Wooden and Landers are juniors.

A lot of average backs get a lot of yards in high school against weak competition. Show me what they do against the best competition and in the playoffs. Also, yards mean nothing if you lose. Sometimes getting a first down on 3rd and 2 in the 4th quarter in a close game is better than a hundred yard game in a blowout.

Hey "ssssssssss"---You Collinwood fans always make me laugh. You live next to Aunt Bee's outhouse down in nowhere and talk about how great you are. If DCA played middle-school calibur teams, we'd be awesome too. Wait........we are. And it's against real teams like Ezell, CPA, FRA, etc... And what's this talking about pictures from last year's DCA/Collinwood game. Dude, in that case, why play this year at all? CPA has already won the state title since they did last year. Boy, I wish we'd have figured this out earlier, we could have saved ourselves a whole year of football. No need to play this year, "sssssssssss" has already predicted the outcome, BECAUSE IT HAPPENED LAST YEAR. Thank you from all high school football fans. By the way, Tampa Bay will win the SUPER BOWL again this year cause I have pictures of it happening last year. Shouldn't you be in bed anyway? Let the grown-ups talk.

I have looked at the high school stats on the tennessean.com and Wooden is the leading rusher in 1A and the 3rd leading rusher in any classification. Wooden is the only back that has over 1,000 yards CONTRARY TO WHAT SSSSS SAID. Risner doesn''t even have over 700 yards. Wooden also leads 1A with 13 touchdowns which Risner does not have. Only one guy in ANY classification has more TD with 14. He plays for Coffee Co., so he isn't elligible for this thread.