Lipscomb vs. Westmoreland

mrorange006

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

easton2 you are right. The comment was strictly to get Catalyst to make a definite prediction. No harm intended. Hopefully, Catalyst did not see it that way.

As usual, my fourth trip to Westmoreland was a lot of fun. I remember well my third trip up there. It was on September 14, 2001. Our country was reeling and the TSSAA decided to play the games that week. As a pressure release, I think that was a good thing.

Both bands played a combined national anthem at the start. The gutwrencher was when the one kid from Westmoreland, standing apart from the rest, blew out TAPS. It is a memory from a high school football game I will never forget.

Great atmosphere in Westmoreland for football. Keep up the good work.

I knew this game was going to come down to the end. Lipscomb's defense was very good Friday night. If the defense plays like that from here on out, good things could be coming. As far as the turnovers goes, I really think that is a fluke, it will not happen again. I really like the Westmoreland kicker. He takes two huge high leg kicks & kicks the ball into the endzone every time he kicked off, very unique. Westmoreland played their hearts out, but Lipscomb was just too much for the Eagles, good luck to them as their season progresses. They will make some noise.

Go Mustangs!!

Hey Chris Burr....wake up and stop making IGNORANT posts. The game has already been played, 21-3. Please never post about Westmoreland again, or any 2a for that matter.

TC- I think the Westmoreland D rattled Elrod in the first half, that was the cause of the TO's. But I wouldn't call it a fluke, that happens a lot with our secondary, if the ball is anywhere close, they catch it.

Elrod had one of the rougher games I have seen him play. Westmoreland was the cause of some of that and Elrod just playing bad was the cause of some of it.

The part Westmoreland caused was all centered around defensive formations. Westmoreland lines up a lot different than most teams you play and get away with it because they are hitters. They play the line with incredibly wide line splits and the linebackers very spread out. The safeties are as deep as anybody you want to play. Elrod kept trying to throw over them. Not even his receivers, who are quite fast, could get past those safeties. They looked more like the intended receivers than the Lipscomb kids.

The option play in the second quarter toward the Westmoreland sideline was just a bad play on his part. No hit at all, and really no pressure either, he just pitched it early into thin air. Fumble by him in third quarter was due to a good hit. It happens.

Catalyst - you are a class act as well as your Westmoreland Eagles. I am making a prediction that your team will be in the game in the 4th quarter with a chance to win. Now, the outcome will be who makes the least mistakes in the 4th. You guys are good enough to beat Goodpasture. Good luck.

Who is paper, scissors & rock ???????? I will figure it out!!!