Who are the frontrunners for 1A Mr. Football?

Floor General

I have to agree about 4life... while you may be a BIG fan sometimes you can have that attitude that turns people away from the DCA program. Just be careful. You say you are young, so odviously you are a student. Just dont let your posts reflect too much on the school. As of now, we are well respected by other schools and fans. Coming from a parents perspective, I would just like to keep it that way! Thanks for being a fan though!

Edited by 4DCA

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

regarding the comment on mark byrd and no compatition. Thats not his fault that he has to play in that division. TRue he only sees compatition in the playoffs.... But his stats are unreal and just ask any of the quality teams that have played against this kid and they will be the first to tell you how good he is...When he was a freshman in 2a he was the spotlight in a loss to a very good austin east team, in the 2nd round. 10th grade he outshined everyone on the field all the way through the playoffs. Including a very good south pitt. team in the fourth round....Even in the imbarrasing loss to ezell this kid still had over a hundred yrs. rushing. IN the 11th grade not only did he brake a rushing record of almost 30 yrs.. He took his team to the forth round and played verywell against a very good boyd team. What a lot of people dont know is that he broke his hand in the 1st quarter of that game and still was a force to contain...His junior yr. at football camp at UT, he outshined almost all that was invited other that chris leak...Whom he intersepted twice, and was the only defensive back to do so...So far this yr. he has dominated every team or person who has played opposite him. 4a 3a 2a or 1a......This is his yr. Whether he gets recognized by the media is up to them...All he is worried about is all those division 1 letters coming his way. So someone thinks he is pretty good......My vote is for mark byrd.....But to be fair to all the other deserving players I have not seen them play......Good luck to all...

I saw Wooden play the first game of the year against Jackson Christian. If he is the best player on the best team in the state, then JCS has a few players that are not too far behind! He is a fine player, but I'm still a little skeptical.

My vote (I don't really have a vote but if I did...) goes to Caleb Skogen of Tennessee Temple!

The game against Jackson was BY FAR his worst game. He had 62 rushing yards and that game was his worst performance. The field was wet from floods and he still had a touchdown. If i remember correctly the only two scores in that 14-0 game were a kickoff return and a short Wooden run after a long interception. I know Mark Byrd is a good player. Im SURE he is one of the best in 1A football and a likely candidate for Mr. Football. In fact, he will probably get it over Wooden, just becasue Wooden is a Junior and Byrd deserves an award for his career. Im just skepticle of all those statistical records he has because of lack of competition.

Edited by 4life

He had less than than 62 in that game ya'll only had 53 total yards and you didn't complete any passes and he was pretty much the only one they gave the ball to and if you like him so much why don't you ask him out on a date. Oh yeah the field wasn't wet at al,l I played on it quit trying to make excuses for him i'm sure he doesn't like it.

He had less than than 62 in that game ya'll only had 53 total yards and you didn't complete any passes and he was pretty much the only one they gave the ball to and if you like him so much why don't you ask him out on a date. Oh yeah the field wasn't wet at al,l I played on it quit trying to make excuses for him i'm sure he doesn't like it.

A couple of you guys sound like whiners to me. Wooden has one bad game and you guys think you should play MBA or something. Sorry you lost to a superior DCA team, but that's the fact. Lemmie guess..... Jackson Christian thinks if they plyed DCA again, they could beat them. And what's this "ask him out on a date"? How about you go to bed and let the adults talk. Don't you have a JV to get ready for?

Uh yeah I have it right here in front of me he had 62 yards. Not that it matters. A bad game is a bad game. And YES the field was wet, it was right after the floods. I don't see any Mr. Footballs on your team.

I know Mark Byrd is a good player. Im SURE he is one of the best in 1A football and a likely candidate for Mr. Football. In fact, he will probably get it over Wooden, just becasue Wooden is a Junior and Byrd deserves an award for his career. Im just skepticle of all those statistical records he has because of lack of competition.

For what it's worth, life, there's a downside to what you call a lack of competition:

Byrd had 8 carries for 140-plus last friday. He had 130-plus the week before on just 4 carries. Oh, and a punt return for TD. If this were about statistics, Byrd would easily have rushed for over two thousand yards. And though not world beaters, Sullivan East and Cherokee do play at the 4A level.

He not only destroyed Cherokee's defense with play after play, but he returned an interception for a TD, and personally made two TD saving tackles on Cherokee's 230 pound running back during their first drive.

Again, Byrd/Cloudland Haters, Byrd nor the Highlanders have asked nothing of you. But I do hope you get to watch him play this December, life. He IS THAT GOOD.

If there is a better player than Mark Byrd I haven't seen him...There is no one more deserving than him for the award...but no one was more deserving for the Heisman than Peyton Manning either...The right person doesn't always win it...like the Heisman it is a popularity contest...Mark Byrd is my choice, but I haven't seen the other candidates...I have to base my opinion on constantly being awed and impressed by Byrd each and every game...And what a fine outstanding young man he is to boot...He is definitely the total package...

What about Matt Peardon from Boyd. He had over 180 yards and 5 touchdowns on just 12 carries against whitwell. He scored 15 touchdowns in 3 games. Voted player of the week 3 weeks in a row for the chattannoga area. One thing though is he went out at halftime during the south pitt game and didnt play against goodpasture and probably wont play this week against lookout valley. You have to put up for consideration though.