Who are the frontrunners for 1A Mr. Football?

Floor General

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think that Stephen Foust #55 from Ezell- Harding has a excellent chance for Mr. football. He will end up with around 140 tackles and he is a huge playmaker for the team. He is one of the top tacklers in the state. He is a captain and one of the leaders of the team. I think he should be included in the talk.

Edited by hambone

If you have not seen him play by all means don't try to judge. I am not from East Tennessee, but went up to watch him play. This young man can play, they maybe 1A, but I promise you any high school coach would welcome Mark Byrd with open arms. Best of luck to you and your team during the playoffs. I really feel like the Mr. Football Award goes to you and you are most deserving of it. You have set the standard for all other future high school football players to strive to obtain. When you surround youself with good people good things will happen, you can bank on it.

There is all this talk adout yards per carry of 8.8 8.4 Mark Byrd has only rushed 61 times this for and average of 17 yard per carry. 4 punts returns all for TD'S average 66 yards per return. all other punts out bounds some into the stands good way to stop byrd from getting the ball. Great field position cloudland.

regarding the comment on mark byrd and no compatition. Thats not his fault that he has to play in that division. TRue he only sees compatition in the playoffs.... But his stats are unreal and just ask any of the quality teams that have played against this kid and they will be the first to tell you how good he is...When he was a freshman in 2a he was the spotlight in a loss to a very good austin east team, in the 2nd round. 10th grade he outshined everyone on the field all the way through the playoffs. Including a very good south pitt. team in the fourth round....Even in the imbarrasing loss to ezell this kid still had over a hundred yrs. rushing. IN the 11th grade not only did he brake a rushing record of almost 30 yrs.. He took his team to the forth round and played verywell against a very good boyd team. What a lot of people dont know is that he broke his hand in the 1st quarter of that game and still was a force to contain...His junior yr. at football camp at UT, he outshined almost all that was invited other that chris leak...Whom he intersepted twice, and was the only defensive back to do so...So far this yr. he has dominated every team or person who has played opposite him. 4a 3a 2a or 1a......This is his yr. Whether he gets recognized by the media is up to them...All he is worried about is all those division 1 letters coming his way. So someone thinks he is pretty good......My vote is for mark byrd.....But to be fair to all the other deserving players I have not seen them play......Good luck to all...

I think Byrd will have a decent chance if Cloudland wins the semi final game. He will still have to overcome the lack of newspaper coverage as this goes a long way. The problem is the Nashville papers count for more than anywhere and all they are interested in is the private Nashville area schools such as CPA, Ezell, DCA, etc. And last but not least it still boils down to who you know. I would like to see a public school player win it and Byrd is as deserving as anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I just have an opinion to voice-I think Caleb Skogen of Tennessee Temple should be up there in the running for mr. football-no one-in the state has put up numbers like that kid. after 8 games he had 75 receptions 1,357 yards, and 16 tds then just the other week he caught 5 td passes had 11 receptions and over 250 yrds recieving-no one has numbers like that-the kid is fast as anything-quick-and great hands-he's one heck of a reciever!!!!!