Riverdale at Blackman

TDCman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

OOOOHHHHH! Croach, how can you compare high school football with baseball?? It's called a VCR! But then again, since Oakland is not at home....no lure of the infamous hot dog!

Mims has looked good at times. I saw him against Smyrna's freshman and he was clearly way ahead of everyone on the field that night. I saw him the next night and I am sure he got an education against Smyrna's varsity on how different the level of play is. I can remeber 2 plays where it looked like he was going to break it outside and was ran down on a play where I am sure he would have probably scored against a freshman team.

Predicting freshmans futures based on their freshman year is very unpredictable. They may not work as hard to get better and never progress or they may work hard but basically skills wise they are so good they just don't have much improvement they can make. I can name several players I have seen over the last 7 to 8 yrs that were great playing as freshman and went on to have good careers but were never really a lot better than they were as freshman.

One thing no one mentions in the Oakland,Riverdale Blackman debate is how easy it is to move from one school to another especially if you are a family that rents.

I am not close enough to these schools to know but does this go on in M,boro?

If it does then Blackman better get better in a hurry because if its easy to move and play for a winner will some do it?

82cat,

That may be a better question for the off-season as well.

As a parent, I would be leery of the football situation at Blackman right now. That may all be over-blown because of the way the season has played out. Then again, how many risks do you take with your children's futures.

You bring up a very interesting question. Maybe it is already happening. I moved to Murfreesboro about 4 years ago and made a conscious effort to move into the Riverdale zone. No, I don't have any kids playing football at Riverdale but I am a huge football fan and was aware of their reputation and success. Being in the Riverdale zone was not a deal-breaker but it was a factor. I do have a son at Riverdale and have been very happy with the school.

Well, I think that is enough rambling for this afternoon. That is very interesting question though.