Riverdale at Blackman

TDCman

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Did you read all the negative things that he said about them in the paper, Dunk? It sounded like he had totally given up on them.

Rumors are rampant that this is Alsup's last year.

Edited by region4fan

Guest region4fan

I wish I could find my paper to write them on here for you. I don't want to mis-quote him . It was something along the line like he was sick of trying to motivate them , that nothing worked. Basically put all the blame on the kids.Most of it was in Sunday's paper, and some in Sat's too. Yes, his son is a senior. I always heard that he was only coaching for 4 years til JD graduated. There is already talk that Ron Crawford is interested in coming back to the Boro................................???? Not trying to start rumors.........but was told this by a pretty reliable Riverdale source.

Jeremy Mimms will not be playing this thursday against the Riverdale Freshmen. Blackman will walk into the game extremely banged up, and having key injuries. Locke is out for the year with a broken foot from what I have heard. Blackman Freshmen will be Riverdale Freshmen, but SuperMan Jeremy Mimms cant even help Blackman on Friday night.

Edited by bigfan2410

Guest region4fan

Thanks for the correction, Joshua. I thought I read that he was a freshman when Alsup started coaching there.

When did Locke break his foot? How long will he be out? After all some players recover miraculously with a broken foot.............

If the freshman played long on both Thurs and Fri nights, it is no wonder that they are both hurt. A body can only take so much, especially when you play teams with huge players on them like LC and Lavergne's linemen. Of course Oakland has a few big boys too.

to everyone on this thread,

I have a copy of the paper right here.

"BLACKMAN: A first half or promise turned ugly in the final two quarters for the Blaze Friday night.

Blackman's ground game--specifically Jeremy Mimms--collected 126 yards on 12 carries (Mimms 9-113) in the first half. Mimms also had a 75-yard scoring run called back in the second quarter.

Four turnovers in the second half and 13 yards on 14 carries (Mimms 7-1), however, did in the Blaze.

After sufering its fifth straight loss--one which probably knocked Blackman (1-6, 1-3 Region 4-5A) out of playoff contention--the question is how does the team go about overcoming the turnovers and miscues.

"They can't," Blaze head coach David Alsup said. " When they get into adverse conditions we don't have the leadership to react and turn it back into a positive."

Alsup says it is becoming more and more difficult for the Blaze staff and players when they arrive at practice each Monday after a loss.

"You can coach and philosophize with them, but it hasn't sunk in all year," he said. "I'm just beside myself on what to do with this team and how to get them to focus every play." "

THE DAILY NEWS JOURNAL (Murfreesboro, Tenn.)---SUNDAY, OCT. 12, 2003. B3

Is Mimms really a 6-1, 180 freshman? That is a big freshman RB. Has to be a tough transition for Meredith to go from being the featured back to blocking for a freshman.

What happened with Locke? Can anyone confirm the nature of his injury.

Looking for a great game on Friday.

What time does the freshman game on Thursday start? Is it 7:30 like the varsity?

Guest region4fan

Yes, Mimms is that big. He will be a force by the time he is a junior. I agree that it would have to be extremely hard for Meredith. At the beginning of the season, he was putting up some good numbers rushing.