Moore County Coach

BURLEY

I heard today that a family member of Moore County Coach Price is telling that he is going to resign at the end of the season. Going to work at Redstone in Huntsville, Alabama sometime in 2004. I wonder who will be the next Coach for Moore County. Will they hire from within are go outside the system to get a Coach? :P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard today that a family member of Moore County Coach Price is telling that he is going to resign at the end of the season. Going to work at Redstone in Huntsville, Alabama sometime in 2004. I wonder who will be the next Coach for Moore County. Will they hire from within are go outside the system to get a Coach? :P

Is this still an attractive job to have like it once was?

I believe for the right coach whoever it is the Moore County job is one of the best places to coach around. It has great community support when the Coach produces. Moore County faithfull (the ones that contibute to the progam) really get behind a coach when they believe in him.

If he does resign let me be counted among his supporters. He is a dear friend

and a great coach. He took over for "legend in his own mind" Mccurry and

continued the tradition that MCHS football is known for. Great job Coach Price

you have done so much for the kids at Lynchburg for a very long time. Resign

or not - you are to be commended!!!

He may be your near friend and that is okay. He his just not my greatest pal. This may be another Distillery rumor. I think honestly all personal issues aside if he does not leave MC will have some 0-10 seaons on the rise. I think the effects of him leaving would be positive. He has been dealt better players than Mac ever had. The 99 through 02 teams were awesome. They could have won three straight Clinic Bowls. They could have hung with anybody.however that is the past. I have let my voice be heard, right or wrong I had to get my say in. I have been reading Coacht since it came out and my lid finally blew. He had his shot, he waited many years for that chance. If this is not true I applogize, my bad.

Edited by BURLEY

I have a few friends in Moore Co. Most of them thinks Coach Price is a very good individual. I've only met him briefly. It is my understanding that Moore Co does not have as good players as Coach Mac had. I have heard that the talent for the next few years is less than previous years. I hope not, I've always thought Moore Co had a great tradition and the the Moore Co vs Huntland rivalry is one of the best in Tennessee. I have been in Moore's County's field house and the weight equipment was very good. Hopefully, Moore Co will make the playoffs this year.

I think the talent is as good as ever but not being developed by the coaches. Talent has not changed a lot over time in Moore County. Moore County has had their ups and downs but right now it is really low and I think the most important reason is that our coaching is not up to par. Not everyone that trys coaching suceeds just like other professions. In coaching if you don't produce wins you must go because thats what you hired to do. Thats the way it is at any profession. Everyone wants someone that can produce. :lol: