Cheatham co. vs. Sycamore

melvin04

And about hitting Garza hard and he will go out I dont think so, because in the Page game he had a concussion and did not go out. He had a concussion in the Greenbriar game and wanted to go back in. So clam clam you are wrong about that!!!

I had heard rumors that Garza had a concussion in the game against Page and came back in. I have two points to make on that:

1. If he did have a "concussion" (or was even suspected of having a concussion) and was allowed to go back in the game, then the coach should be fired YESTERDAY!

2. I think Coach Tharpe (sp?) is too good a coach to allow a player who he suspects has a concussion to go back into a game. Therefore, I must conclude that Garza did not actually have a "concussion" in the Page game. I would conclude that he just got a real good "bell ringer".

I think too many uneducated people go around throwing out the word "concussion" because they hear about it on the NFL telecasts all the time. Yes, he may have taken a mighty hit, but that doesn't mean he suffered a concussion. It would take a sideline doctor's diagnosis, or x-rays (or some other kind of medical equipment evaluation) to determine if a kid received a concussion.

On the other hand, I personally witnessed him take the hit at Greenbrier. And, based on the fact that he physically could not get up for 3-5 minutes (even though a teammate tried to help him up) makes me suspect that he DID receive a concussion on that hit. But, I am not a doctor and I don't know if he did or not.

Just some food for thought!

BTW, Sycamore by 10.....and that is only because I heard that Garza would not be playing this Friday because of the hit he took against Greenbrier. Otherwise I would say by 21!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cneagles

I agree FatCat the concussion word is thown around way to much. Garza did get hit a lot at Page but never had a concussion. Getting you bell rung does not neccessarily translate to a concussion.

statebound15:

This isn't basketball. If you want some of the action, suit up! If not, shut up!

And by the way, who is this clamclam person? You talk the smack and its fun to read, but don't get over confident, though, it could bite you in the tale.

Good luck to both teams. May the game be played with much heart, dedication, and no injuries. The bragging rights of the county are at stake!

Hey Clam, how can you say Sycamore's D is not good. Let's see, they haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher since their first game of the season(rossview) and have held a few of their opponents under 200 yards of TOTAL offense. I believe Sycamore and Cheatham played the same Harpeth team and Cheatham allowed alot more points and yards than Sycamore did. And Cheatham couldn't stop a pass to save their life, too bad for them. And let's look at Sycamore's loses. A tough loss to Rossview but alot of things have changed for their team since then. Then the loss to Page, 6 turnovers didn't help the cause and I doubt Sycamore will have 6 turnovers in many games. Oh, and Page didn't score when they started on their own side of the field. And finally the Greenbrier game. They held one of the best RB's around to around 70 yards. So taking all of this into consideration, Sycamore seems to have an extremely good D. I doubt Cheatham will be able to run the ball very effectively against them, or pass for much. They may have a few big plays, but so will Sycamore. Sycamore by 14

Like I said before, throw the stats ands records and who did what out the window! It's time to rock-n-roll SIckamore!! WE WILL beat you guys in CUB COUNTRY!!! Don't make excuses for your loses, crybabies!!! I dont want to hear them next week after we demolish you cupcakes!!! This is a HUGE game for both teams and THE MIGHTY CUBS want it more and will get the barrell back to CUB COUNTRY to stay!!! THIS IS A PROMISE!!!

GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does anyone know who this clamclamchowder dude is? I was just wandering because he talks a lot so this probably means he doesnt play or plays...... JV or maybe even freshman. I cant wait to see sycamore triuph and again win the county championship.

Notice how cheatham county has never had the powder keg which means either they stink or sycamore is just awsome cause by the way yall talk cheatham county is going to win state

Bring it on SIckamore!!! I've been waiting all year for this one game!!! I wish I played JV so I could beat you guys 2 times this week!!! We whipped you at SIckamore last year in JV. This year our JV aint real good, so I say CUBS JV 42 and SIckamores JV 7, just cause our JV stinks is why you score once.

I dont know if Garza is playin this week, but he's better off he dont cause he'll suffer more than a headache this week!!! And that Polk kid will be lucky to have 25 yards against THE MIGHTY CUBS terrifying D!!! THE CUBS WILL WIN IN CUB COUNTRY THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!!!

GO CUBS!!!

I don't know who you are clamclamchowder but you are an arrogant you know what. Yes you guys probably are better than Sycamore since Garza is out, but you are a _______! I find myself looking up your ridiculous comments every time I look at this board just to see how big of a fool you can make of yourself! Go Sycamore, find a way to win!