Macon vs. Fulton?

geo1126

Yeh I'm mad we lost.  Buuuuuuuut, at least we were there last year, and the year before that- our first two years in 3A.

How many years has it taken Macon County to even get a playoff spot?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. ;)

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WETHER WE HAVE MADE IT BEFORE???? I DONT GET YA'LL, HAVENT HEARD US TRY TO MAKE LITTLE OF YOUR PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS, WHY DO IT TO THE TIGERS?? OH I REMEMBER....BUT I WONT SAY IT........ ;)

GO TIGERS!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainly because you guys show no respect to the ones that have been there year in and year out. It's not just a one time thing for us or TC or Portland. We are established programs that compete with the best every year. You have a "good" football team this year. Now, imagine what it would be like to have this nearly every year. I just hope that if you guys do start having good teams every year that your fans don't get spoiled and expect such greatness that they hardly ever cheer. Anyway, show the respect to the ones who deserve it and when you've proven it, you'll get yours too. By the way, hope to see you in this year's second season.

Mainly because you guys show no respect to the ones that have been there year in and year out. It's not just a one time thing for us or TC or Portland. We are established programs that compete with the best every year. You have a "good" football team this year. Now, imagine what it would be like to have this nearly every year. I just hope that if you guys do start having good teams every year that your fans don't get spoiled and expect such greatness that they hardly ever cheer. Anyway, show the respect to the ones who deserve it and when you've proven it, you'll get yours too. By the way, hope to see you in this year's second season.

I HAVE RESPECT FOR ALL KIDS IN ALL SPORTS AND THE EFFORT THEY PUT OUT THERE, THEY WORK HARD. AND I DONT TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM ANY OF THEM. BUT WE HAVE EARNED IT.....THATS MY POINT, AND AS FAR AS THE FANS GO WE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT OUR TIGERS, JUST ASK ANYONE ;)

GOOD LUCK ON THE REST OF YOUR SEASON

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MRSTIGERFAN

As one Macon Co Fan let me say this: Yes i have great respect for TC, Portland, and SC. I think that TC and Portland has 2 of the best coaches in High School Football. They have a tradition next to none! And for us to beat TC and SC and play Portland hard and make them respect us is a great feeling. I guess many of us do hope that this is just a start. Many, Many years ago MC had a great football tradition. But many big shots in the town wanted to run the program and started getting rid of coach like bad bath water until the high school just could establish a tradition anymore. Heck there were times we had 4 different coaches in 5 years! Now look at TC. One coach for look how long. And before him his father. Same coach, same respect, same expectation, same coach style. It works and don't fix it. Look at Portland. Look at Coach Perry's record. He was a Westmoreland a long time then Portland. Not much change. Now Look at Macon Co. We have only had Coach Dyer for what? 5 years? I am not sure. But he has slowly been improving us and i hope can get our old tradition back or start a new one. Now the only way MC can beat TC, SC, and Portland with consistance is by having better players. Coach Dyer is a great Coach but in my opinion he is not quite Coach Sat or Coach Perry. But he can become one! I think Portland has the better talent, with MC and SC tied. When we played SC in Macon they were a little down but we had the best team that night. Could they beat us on another night? Probable. Could we beat them again? Probable. If we played them 10 time who would win the most? I really think MC would win 6 of the 10. I think MC is improving as the years goes on. Portland would probable beat us 6 of 10. Maybe 7. But my point is MC is getting better each year. If MC stays consistance with their talent we will improve. Because i feel we now have a good coaching staff. TC already has great Coaches they just need to keep their talent coming. And it is amazing to me how TC has the talent year after year with such a small school! Do any of you notice how many players Hartsville has? Not many! Very few times has TC lost a game to Coaching. Neither has Portland. I really don't follow SC that well so I cannot say about their coaches. I do know that the team i saw play again TC at SC was not the same team i saw against MC. But the MC team I saw play against TC at TC was not the same MC team I saw against SC so i really don't know who is the best. I hope MC wins it all. But i really don't think anyone in our district has that good of a team. I think the best our district has will only advance one game in the playoff whoever it is. I hope I am wrong. And boy have i been talking. I quit! ;)

Edited by tuffie

One and done. You, too are clueless. More than likely, we will play another region team in the second round because region 3 teams aren't that good. Therefor, we can't possibly all be one and done. Whoever goes to east TN in the semis will come from our region. I guarantee you that. Also, I don't take anything away from the players at MC. They deserve all the credit for whatever they do but I could care less about a whining story of why this and because that concerning the past. Fact still remains that you won't get that same type of respect until it's year in and year out so quit begging for it. Finally, I can assure you that Jimmy Maynord is as good a coach as there is. There's been 1, I repeat, 1 team on our schedule that we've never beaten since he's been here and that's Goodpasture. Have you ever beaten Lipscomb? Or Portland? We have. Have you EVER made it to the playoffs until now? We've made it to the quarters. Hartsville has made it to the semis and Portland has won it all. What more can I say? But keep running the mouths. It keeps me fired up. I need no help finding motivation. I fust imagine that every team we play is Macon and I hope with all that I can hope with that we can play you again and get to be the ones to put an end to all this CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by mirrorman

Yeh I'm mad we lost.  Buuuuuuuut, at least we were there last year, and the year before that- our first two years in 3A.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. ;)

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WETHER WE HAVE MADE IT BEFORE???? I DONT GET YA'LL, HAVENT HEARD US TRY TO MAKE LITTLE OF YOUR PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS, WHY DO IT TO THE TIGERS?? OH I REMEMBER....BUT I WONT SAY IT........ ;)

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Yes, mam. I do believe there have been several Macon County folks make light of the heritage and legacy associated with Trousdale County Football.

Teams and fans must win and lose ball games with dignity. I hate losing as much as anybody. But if you look back at the threads last year and the year before you will not find anyone from Trousdale County ragging on Macon County ON AND ON when we beat ya'll. And quite honestly, you have a lot to brag about after beating us. I mean, after all, Macon County has beat Trousdale County 3 times in the last 32 years.

You have the best team I have ever seen in Macon County. But one good year does not put you in the same class as Smith - Portland - and Trousdale. That comes with year after year of winning.

But, I can tell you this. The higher and higher you all keep putting yourselves up there on that pedestal. The harder you will fall.

Enjoy your wins and support your team. The true test of a champion's character is remembering where he has been while making his journey and keeping in mind that he could very easily end up right back where he started.

I don't know what you are referring to that you won't say. But if you have something to say - Spit it out.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. ;)

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Yes, mam. I do believe there have been several Macon County folks make light of the heritage and legacy associated with Trousdale County Football.

Teams and fans must win and lose ball games with dignity. I hate losing as much as anybody. But if you look back at the threads last year and the year before you will not find anyone from Trousdale County ragging on Macon County ON AND ON when we beat ya'll. And quite honestly, you have a lot to brag about after beating us. I mean, after all, Macon County has beat Trousdale County 3 times in the last 32 years.

You have the best team I have ever seen in Macon County. But one good year does not put you in the same class as Smith - Portland - and Trousdale. That comes with year after year of winning.

But, I can tell you this. The higher and higher you all keep putting yourselves up there on that pedestal. The harder you will fall.

Enjoy your wins and support your team. The true test of a champion's character is remembering where he has been while making his journey and keeping in mind that he could very easily end up right back where he started.

I don't know what you are referring to that you won't say. But if you have something to say - Spit it out.

Glad I'm not the only one on here who sees it that way. Thanks. Because SC people never rub in a victory either but I hope they keep it up. Adding fuel to the fire is a dangerous thing.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. ;)

GO TIGERS!!!!!

IM NOT GONNA ARGUE WITH YA'LL , IM NOT ARGUING....THATS NOT WHAT THIS SITE IS FOR....AND IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT PEEPS RUNNING THEIR MOUTHS ALL I SAID WAS, WHAT MATTERS IS THIS YEAR. I DIDNT SLAM YA'LL AT ALL SO WHOS THE ONES RUNNING THEIR MOUTHS AND NOT REMEMBERING WHERE THEY COME FROM....YOUR SLAMMING US THREAD AFTER THREAD AFTER THREAD.....GO BACK AND READ. WE HAVE DIGNITY, IM NOT THE RUNNING MY MOUTH BOUT THIS YEAR AND LAST YEAR AND YEARS OF PAST AM I??

Kwalker,

Quit settin fires in the stands,sending your bands to taunt,destroying property,

and please,try to stay away from the goalposts,cant you wait till you get back to the eastside?

PAPPA

Pappa, you all started the whole thing with your not-too-friendly welcome signs all over town! The fire thing was a total accident - if we hadn't been afraid to walk to the concession for some hot chocolate we wouldn't have been tryin to keep warm by the fire! (Seriously, it WAS an accident!) we did NOT destroy your property, & I have already apologized time and again for the behavior of the few of our fans that forgot their manners. GO FALCONS!

One and done. You, too are clueless. More than likely, we will play another region team in the second round because region 3 teams aren't that good. Therefor, we can't possibly all be one and done. Whoever goes to east TN in the semis will come from our region. I guarantee you that. Also, I don't take anything away from the players at MC. They deserve all the credit for whatever they do but I could care less about a whining story of why this and because that concerning the past. Fact still remains that you won't get that same type of respect until it's year in and year out so quit begging for it. Finally, I can assure you that Jimmy Maynord is as good a coach as there is. There's been 1, I repeat, 1 team on our schedule that we've never beaten since he's been here and that's Goodpasture. Have you ever beaten Lipscomb? Or Portland? We have. Have you EVER made it to the playoffs until now? We've made it to the quarters. Hartsville has made it to the semis and Portland has won it all. What more can I say? But keep running the mouths. It keeps me fired up. I need no help finding motivation. I fust imagine that every team we play is Macon and I hope with all that I can hope with that we can play you again and get to be the ones to put an end to all this CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

You better hope you do, b/c if you don't we will never stop on you. I don't have any respect for anybody (especially a COACH ) that gets on here and talks about the players,so you can bet if we play yal;l again and beat yall,i will be on here tootin my horn!!!!!!!!!!!!