Huntingdon vs Mckenzie

volman43

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cnlreporter, you present apostriori evidence, but McKenzie is slowly purging the Blue and Gold demon from its psyche. The Rebels are now buying into the fact, after 40 years, that McKenzie doesn't have to win this game to have a successful season. I offer last year's performance as empirical data (a second straight semifinal appearance despite a third-place finish in 6-2A). With less emphasis on the Huntingdon mystique, McKenzie will be more relaxed, focused on the game plan and ready for the playoffs, which will be at Rebel Field no matter what happens next Friday night. Consider what happened last year: Huntingdon won the region and promptly lost to Fairview in the first round. McKenzie has nothing to lose. If they tumble to the Mustangs, then it was expected. They are already in the playoffs. Huntingdon has the goblins of last year haunting it and the pressure of beating a formidable McKenzie team pounding on its temple. Huntingdon may well win this game, but only because of talent, speed or breaks, not because of some voodoo or billy goat curse.

I agree 100% with the comment cnlreporter made, its the same way with Huntingdon vs Milan. There is always that doubt in your head that your not suppose to be able to beat that team. I dont believe that is the only reason Huntingdon will win, but the mental factor is way up there on the reasons why list.

jp the mustangs will win because of speed and talent, but i'm telling y'all they them blue and gold uni's [ except this friday they will be all gold] will be enough to beat the rebels. and for all of those that don't believe the mustangs are good enough to beat the bulldogs. there will be no first round flop this year. keep your eyes on bell and donald the two elements the rebels can't stop, speed and speed