Biggest Upset in the Playoffs since 1993

MB77

I assure you SP would have liked to play Sunbright in 2000. Since this is a thread about upsets since 1993, I have to slide one from 3rd round in 1985. Oneida supposedly had the best rushing defense in all classes at the time A, AA, & AAA. They had given up around 800 on the ground in 12 games. There were signs on the way through Oneida taunting South Pitts 129 pound tailback Johny Sisco. 45 Carries 333 yards...Pirates win.

The exact stat was 41 carries for 397 still a single game record at South Pittsburg. What is so interesting about it is it was the exact same play.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sisco was a good back, so was patrick pitts when oneida upset south pitt in 89, and again pulled off a big upset in 97

Yes, 1997 was a huge upset. In my opinion South Pittsburg wins on a dry field but they just couldn't make their cuts on a wet field like that. They had great speed that year but the weather took care of that. South Pittsburg's loss to Gordonsville in 1987 was one of the biggest upset losses in school history. They by far had superior talent but just couldn't get going after turning the ball over 3 times inside the 10 in the 1st quarter. It is a lot like this year's loss to Boyd stupid mistakes/turnovers will ruin the chances for a win.