the "NEW" playoff picture for Region 5-5A

Cutback

Due to alligations of Gallatin using an ineligble player... this is what the standings look like....

1.Antioch 7-1 (4-0) RS Hendersonville, @Hunters Lane

2.Hunters Lane 6-1 (3-1) RS @Gallatin, Antioch

3.Beech 3-5 (2-2) RS Glencliff, Gallatin

4.Hendersonville 4-4 (2-2) RS @Antioch, McGavock

5.Glencliff 3-5 (2-3) RS @Beech, Pope John Paul

6.Gallatin 1-7 (1-3) RS Hunters Lane, @Beech

7.McGavock 2-6 (1-4) RS @Cookeville, @Hendersonville

*RS-remaining schedule

Playoff Picture

For Gallatin to make the playoffs, of course they have to win out, but Beech has to beat Glencliff, and Antioch has to beat hendersonville. That will put them 4th. If Antioch wins this week, they are region champs no matter if they lose in week 10 or not. If Antioch loses and Hunters Lane wins, (gallatin is out of playoffs), then it will come down to Antioch/Hunters lane game in week 10 and winner will be champ.If all this takes place then the region will look like this..

1. Antioch

2. Hunters Lane

3. Beech

4. Gallatin

5. Hendersonville

6. Glencliff

7. McGavock

scenario #1. All this means if Dickson Co wins 5-6A then they will play Gallatin, Hunters Lane will play Brentwood, Beech will play Franklin, Antioch will play Clarksville or Centennial.

scenario #2.If Franklin wins 5-6A then they will play Gallatin, Hunters Lane play Brentwood, Beech play Dickson Co, Antioch play Clarksville or Centennial.

I prefer scenario #1 b/c I think Dickson Co. vs Gallatin would be a great game between 2 hardnose smashmouth football teams, and I doubt beech would wanna play DC again considering they've lost to them 4 times in the past 2 yrs, one of those putting Beech out of the playoffs. Hunters Lane and Brentwood would be a good rematch of last years round 2 game, that Brentwood barely squeeked by.

I typed all this pretty fast so it could be wrong, so anyone correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is how it will all work out.

Cutback,

One little flaw in your playoff picture. Antioch is not a lock for the region championship if they win over Hendersonville this week. If Hunters Lane beats Gallatin this week and Antioch beats Hendersonville, this sets up a showdown next week between Hunters Lane and Antioch for the championship.

If Hunters Lane loses to Gallatin and Antioch beats Hendersonville this week, then Antioch is the champs after week 9.

Gallatin gets in unless Glencliff beats Beech this week. If Gallatin wins out. The only tie-breaker that Gallatin loses out on is against Glencliff. Wins versus, Hendersonville, Beech and Hunters Lane gives them the nod regardless.

But I am still hoping for a reversal and a region championship!!

there are millions of ways it could happen ..and i think i have one ....antioch losed to hend. and hl makeing the 4-2 ...hend.wins its last two making them 4-2 and then if gallatin beats hl and hl beats antioch they will be 4-2...that is 3 teams tied at the top at 4-2...its all just too crazy ...it kinda makes your head hurt

After reading this thread my head does hurt. For Gallatin i hope you guys get it turned around, seems really unfair to me to have two letters of approval and now a team that has no chance of the playoffs turns them in and it gets thrown in their face. hmm, not cool. anyway hope everything works out for the best and we will have to wait in see what all will happen if it doesnt till after week 10 it looks like

I'm not 100% sure but looks like 1 team from Sumner Co. will make the playoffs (pending appeal hearing of course). No disrespect to the kids at Glencliff but they made the plyoffs with thier win over Beech and Gallatin losing also. I believe they will be 4th with a H-ville win over McGavock. So if the appeals does not go in Gallatin's favor here is how it will pan out.

1st either Hunters Lane or Antioch (after tonight my pick is the numerous horses from Dickerson Rd.)

2nd see above

3rd Hendersonville

4th Glencliff (I still can't believe it)

What a week for Gallatin to lose not one but possibly 6 Games in one week.

Now I know how Charlie Brown feels when that girl keeps teaseing him with the kicks.