chatt. central vs. hixson

purplepounderfootball

Hey TNSS You cant really judge a team by how many points theyve won by...Cleveland barely beat Red Bank and red bank lost to brainerd. REgion 4-4A has always been crazy. Hixson beat East Ridge by 11 and have 2 TD's called back and didnt allow a TD after the East Ridges firstb drive that was only 30 yards thanks to an early fumbled by Hixson but I agree Central will come to play but Hixson will too..should be a good one but i'm suprised yall are predicting a blowout..i just cant see it happening.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come to the game and watch it first hand. central will come out and play like a championship team. central is alot better than they have played any this year. it will be close for awhile but i think central will start pulling away after awhile. i know hixson is a second half team but so is central so it will be interesting to see what happens....it will be a great game.

IF Central's QB and TB are both healthy, they should win! But if either or injured it will be close. Hixson does a good job of stopping the run between the tackles but the outside is open at times. Mis-direction with the QB should give Central the edge. Who would have thought that in week 8 we would be saying that the Hixson and Central game would be close!

Everyone should come to the game..I know I'll be there...Its Stump on Sports game of the week and RB Mike Davenport AND Central center Beau Weiss are very injured and even if they play they are definitely nothing close to 100%.. Centrals Qb also has a hurt throwing finger so he better not loft the ball up because Tony Swafford is picking it up the seconf half of the season.. Hixson is 100% healthy including offensive threat and Division 1 prospect Wilford Blowe...Should be a good one..And please trust me..this will by no means be a blow out

You got it ELA...who would have thought in week 8 we'd be saying a lot of things. Well, personally I'm pulling for Hixson because I hope Central loses in every single thing they ever do, but I do think the PurplePuds can pull this one out without too much of a problem. Central by 10.

I think we need for Central to win out for us to have a shot at the playoffs. When they lost last week, it really threw a "kink" into the playoff picture. What we don't need is to end up in a tie for third or 4th place with them due to the tie-breaker rules (head-to-head or overall). If we had taken care of business last week, we would be in control of our destiny, but now we must win our last game and hope for some help from others. There is a scenario where we could finish 5-5 and still not make it to the playoffs, so we will be pulling for the Pounders on this one.

barrelboy.....let me inform you of somethings. mike may not play he didnt know as of today. beau has a torn miniscus in his knee but will still play. jake isnt a monster he is 5'9'' 200 pounds and ill tell you from experiance....he is nothing compared to brent when it comes to hitting. he is a good ball player but brent is about 5 steps above hager. im friends with them both so im just tellin it like it is. iv hit both of them and brent has a hit that feels like a truck. i tryed to block hayes on a play in practice one day and he knocked me off my feet and into jake who was running the ball and knocked him down and hayes never fell. you are comparing jake to a division 1 for sure player (baring anymore injuries) we will still win by 3 or more touchdowns. o and swafford....he is an awsome player also so dont say he is nothing.

Edited by purplepounderfootball