Best Player in 2a

OSCATFAN

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My best palyer would have to be biggummer from harryman he is the macho bad man who is always talking smack and losing games

ok now my real iddea on the best player in 2a would have to be a number of ppl i could not really pick but i will say that Coalfield Wartburg and Sunbright have a few worth noticing. (I did not say oakdale because i have not seen them play but i know that there possibly best player move to coalfield and he is MPG.)

John T. Armes, Wartburg. He nearly carried a team with no real tallent besides himself to the playoffs all by himself. I was very impressed with him during the Rockwood-Wartburg game, to the point that I was hoping that the rumors last year that he might transfer to RHS had been true.

Whalen and Hayes are great players, but no one gives the trench boys any credit. The Morgan boys from O.S. are not only consider the best in the county, but these boys are riding with the best of the state. The comment about John T. Armes, I don't think is true. I saw him try to do too much at the O.S. game, and then put the blame on his teammates for his lack of success. John T. showed his "leadership" there, and hasn't been able to win much games since. Coming into the year people were excited about Wartburgs chances to goto state, and it turns out it's their worst season in 4 years. John T. is a good player but he lacks the leadership he needs to be a GREAT player.

Based on athletic ability and raw football talent, the nod probably goes to David Sharp. It's really difficult to say someone is better than someone else when you haven't seen everyone play. And lets face it, there aren't many people who have witnessed a Milan game and a Wartburg game in the same year (if ever). Sharp might not be the strongest or fastest player in the state, but at 6'1" and about 215# he can run somewhere in the mid 4.5's, benches 430+, squats 600+, and has a Howitzer for an arm. He is also a very good punter. His passing stats aren't very impressive because Lewis County runs the wing-T. Plus, since they rarely pass, there are timing issues between David and his receivers. The passes that are incomplete are usually just about a foot or two ahead of the receiver (on fly patterns). This could (probably would) be corrected if the receiver wouldn't run his pattern looking over his shoulder from the time ball was snapped.