Austin East are you ready for Crockett?

shane23p

Who is that one team?

SBEC 6-1

Southside 7-1

Mcnairy 5-3

Southside was bringing this awesome quarterback and recievers.....along with their running game. What threat? And to give SS some credit I'm sure they'll be back in round three, because none of those middle TN teams can handle them.

But you can bet Southside remembers THE ALAMO!!!

EVERYBODY FEARS CROCKETT!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 teams wth winning record:

McNairy, Southside, and SBEC

Thats how Southside was suppose to beat us too. They were going to win because we hadn't played anybody. They lost! They were going to beat us because we didn't know how to play smash mouth football. They lost! And they were going to beat us because they had been in the close games and we didn't know how to win a close game. They lost! Southside is a great team, but everybody on this board and in the media gave them every edge. So don't expect it to stop now. Keep coming up with reasons why we aren't a good team. Its OK we have heard them all before. And remember, they all lost.

Just a question about the southside game for cavav. Who said all those things on why Southside will win? You say media(fearless picked CC?), Noone on this board had one bad thing to say about CC. If anythink most people from SS was saying how hard it was going to beat CC. And most picked them to win. Good luck in the playoffs hopefully Jackson Southside will get another chance in the 3rd round.

Fearless did pick CC, but a lot of people picked SS.....Like the radio guy on 101.5 FM, and many others. All had the same reason.....Crockett hasn't played anybody, hasn't been challenged, hasn't fought any hard battles. They have not been challenged, but they have played some good teams.

You say media(fearless picked CC?), Noone on this board had one bad thing to say about CC. If anythink most people from SS was saying how hard it was going to beat CC.

First of all this is stupid thread. Lots of football to be played. Greenbrier, Page, Marshall Co, South Side, Ripley, Covington and Raleigh Egypt will all have a say in who gets to Murfreesboro from this side of the state. We can worry about AE if and when we play AE.

It wasn't anybody on this board or anyone from South Side but the Jackson media that a lot of Cavaliers think have dissed us all year. 101.5 (Sea Bass specifically) has told us all year that CC hasn't played anybody. The Jackson Sun as well as 101.5 just dismissed SBEC. That team would go to the playoffs in any region in West TN 3A and below and would destroy Jackson's beloved USJ and JCS, who are considered "good teams" in the Jackson press. We beat SBEC 42-21? Then they said McNairy and Lexington were a real test, until we beat them 35 to 40 points and then all of sudden they weren't that good anymore. South Side is an excellent team and can go a long way in the playoffs. Beating them changed the tune of most of Jackson media doubters, except for Sea Bass who now gripes about South Side's play calling and 4 fumbles, (caused, recovered and capitalized on by CC I might add) instead of a good CC team, beating SS. I think that alot of people in Crockett just feel that this team hasn't gotten the credit it deserves. That being said, I think it's good to be 8-0 and still have a chip on your shoulder.

It wasn't anybody on this board or anyone from South Side but the Jackson media that a lot of Cavaliers think have dissed us all year. 101.5 (Sea Bass specifically) has told us all year that CC hasn't played anybody. The Jackson Sun as well as 101.5 just dismissed SBEC. That team would go to the playoffs in any region in West TN 3A and below and would destroy Jackson's beloved USJ and JCS, who are considered "good teams" in the Jackson press. We beat SBEC 42-21? Then they said McNairy and Lexington were a real test, until we beat them 35 to 40 points and then all of sudden they weren't that good anymore. South Side is an excellent team and can go a long way in the playoffs. Beating them changed the tune of most of Jackson media doubters, except for Sea Bass who now gripes about South Side's play calling and 4 fumbles, (caused, recovered and capitalized on by CC I might add) instead of a good CC team, beating SS. I think that alot of people in Crockett just feel that this team hasn't gotten the credit it deserves. That being said, I think it's good to be 8-0 and still have a chip on your shoulder.

I'm glad I didn't have to type all that. But that was my feelings exactly. Glad I'm no the only one to notice.

First of all, let me tell all of the Crockett fans to stop talking right now, because you guys did the same talking last year when Crockett was #1 in the state and everyone thought that Artis Pitts was unstoppable. Well, I guess Ridgeway got word of the trashtalking and put an end to it with a 29-0 victory last year. Crockett is a great team and Pratt is an outstanding coach, but all a team really needs to do is play smashmouth football with them. If a team gets a lead, Crockett does not have the offense to come back in a hurry. The double wing works, but not when you are behind in the 4th quarter and need two quick touchdowns. Finally, this post is ridiculous because there is so much football left and so many good teams out there. Ridgeway was ranked #8 in the state going into the playoffs and look where they finished. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!