Antioch v. Hendersonville

nununu

With the unfortunate happenings at Gallatin high school, tomorrow's game b/w the Bears and Commandos could mean a possible region title for Antioch. This kind of makes good for the Bears because they get to avoid the three powerhouse teams in 6-5A and could make for a great playoff run for Antioch. Good Luck to both teams, and GO BEARS!!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure? Gallatin's win against HHS stands. Therefor HHS has two losses (GHS and Beech) to Antioch's none (the Gallatin loss is nullified).

So I fail to see how this is for the championship?

Antioch with 0 region losses wins against Hendersonville, Hunters Lane loses to Gallatin. That would put HL at 2 losses in the region, Antioch, w/ no losses wraps up the region because simple mathematics show us that with one game left in the season, a team with a two game deficit cannot possibly catch the leader, thus making this a championship game for Antioch. Otherwise, next week's game b/w Antioch and HL will be for the region championship. Take care of business Bears

actually big poppa if you notice both of antiochs losses during the year (Gallatin, Hillsboro) they were bot last minute come from behind victories... granted we lost to two good teams, but the fact of the matter is antioch is just as good if not better than hillsboro, and maybe even gallatin, unfortunatley we probably wont see gallatin again... 6A is over rated... :blink:

Big Poppa, Not so fast my friend. Antioch is as physical and mean as any I've seen this year. And they've got burners that can hit the corners. I've seen them all up close. Antioch can play with anybody in 6-5A. Dickson appears the best of the bunch right now because they're so danged balanced, but Antioch has the toughest interior defense I've seen.

I have not been able to see Antioch play this year but I have heard alot about Coker(I think that is right). What year is he and if he is a senior is he getting any looks from major universities? If Antioch is as physical as you say then a match up between them and Dickson would be an exceptional game. Dickson played Hendersonville early in the year and from what I understand the score was misleading(17-14). People told me that Hendersonville scored twice in a four minute span and then were completely shut out by the Cougar defense. Who knows.