Lebanon Theft Scandal

toejamwarrior

In response to the Lebanon theft scandal, I have to say that it is a shame that players can go and STEAL; which is a felony if the cost of the items stolen exceed I think $200, I could be mistaken, but it could also be a misdemeanor; helmets from opposing schools and only have to sit out a game and write an apology. This is a disgrace to the justice system and our schools. Any school probably has a suspension policy for any kind of theft. If these fellows are of age, they should be arrested and brought to trial. Just because they made a poor judgement call and stole some helmets gives no reason to not take action! A lot of people have made poor judgement calls and killed someone and are now in prison. They were representing their school, the school should also take action! Stop pussing out because these players are athletes and play a major role on the team. They screwed up! Make them face the consquences. Their job on Friday nights is to go play football and go home, not go play football steal something and then go home. If there is one thing in this world lower than the scum that grows on the scum of the earth, it is a thief. Go out and earn what you deserve, if you haven't earned it, don't take it. I challenge the schools that were stolen from to press charges, and Lebanon High School to take action and discipline these thieves. They wouldn't get away with it if they went to a sports store and tried to walk out with 3 helmets and not pay would they? Why should they get away with it in this situation??

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you so worried about the situation? Everybody has made a mistake when they were young. If you didn't then your lying to yourself. Nobody's perfect in this world. We forgive and try to forget. Do you want to throw all those students who have played pranks on other schools like (spray painting the field, taking(stealing) the schools mascot), the list could go on. This is a simple mistake and poor judgement from kids who probably thought it was funny to take the items. The kids returned all the stuff, so I think public humalition and the loss of some key players for a very important game is enough punishment. I think the coaching staff is taking care of those kids that stole. After it's all done I'll bet those kids will be running cross country. So back off and keep your stupid comments to yourself.

WOW, toejam, lets give them the death penalty or the gas chamber or something. I agree with the others, it was a prank they got caught, so they will pay their dues. I guess you never pulled any pranks. Someone stole a towel from my locker room last year and we are still looking for the person, if we find them we will hang them or stone them or something.

Your right people have made mistakes and killed people and they are in jail, did they take the helmets and then kill someone with them. Your probably upset because Lebanon beat you and took your belongings. They will be punished appropriate to the crime.

I could acknowledge that this was a prank if it had happened once, but it happened twice in consecutive weeks. It was first at LaVergne and then Blackman high schools following the games. The only reason that they were caught is because they did it twice and LaVergne and Blackman put the evidence together and called Lebanon to investigate. I have no idea what the punishment should be for this crime, which is exactly what it was. But, I don't believe that the football coaches should make the call. This should fall squarely on the shoulders of the principle and athletic director. It is unfortunate but the entire Lebanon school will recieve a black eye for this, which is a shame because there are so many good people that administor, teach, and attend school there. Hopefully, this will all be squared away and those involved will receive a fair punishment.

i don't have anything to do with either teams, but the fact that some one can get so tore up about a prank, is mind boggling. People need to relax... no one can say they've never pulled a joke on some one else, and i'm sure that's all it was, a joke. Have a little fun in life... :ph34r:

Guest region4fan

Okay, I have to put my two cents in. The problem with pro and college athletes today is that no one seems to want to hold them accountable for the things that they do. Do you think that Warren Sapp would be as disrespectful as he is today if he had had his feet held to the fire for his irresponsible behavior back in his jr high and high school days? You guys are just brushing this off as a prank. Sorry this is THEFT from school property. If a common student broke into the locker rooms and stole equipment from your team, would you be satisfied to get a little letter of apology? Heck no!! You know you would want them arrested. And if they had been caught red-handed stealing from your school, they WOULD be arrested. A helmet is no different than a computer. No one would let them get by b/c it was a "little prank." "Little pranks" that are not caught usually give the prankster a thrill. They get hungry for the thrill again....and do another"little prank>" Those of you defending them....would you be so forgiving if your car had been broken into at a game and a player or student took your CD system for a little prank just b/c you were from the opposing school??/A letter of apologyfor stealing a CD system... I think not. It is time to make a stand. The bottom line is that these kids stole. Someone needs to have the balls to make examples out of thse kids and others whose pranks get out of hand. You better believe it would stop if there were consequences to fit the crime. I wouldn't even have to discuss this if it had happened to Oakland players. They would have been kicked off.

Last time I checked helmets are close to $145.00 apiece. Now if your coach was like my coach in high school..........your hat was strictly your responsibility. If you sat on it at practice, you had to run. If you left it on the field, you ran. If you left it out of your locker, you ran. If you didn't keep it in tip top shape, you ran. If you left it on the bus, you ran.If you forgot to bring it to an away game, you sat out and then you ran. If you lost it, you paid for it and ran every day til you paid for it. I think most coaches are very particular about their helmets. Now what happened to these kids whose helmets got gone. Maybe they were punished for them being gone, maybe not. But I bet it caused a stink. Is it fair if these kids had to pay for helmets or were punished for them for these kids just to write a letter of apology and return the helmet??I know if it were my son's helmet, that would NOT be my course of action. Plus I was told today that both schools have Ex-Lebanon coaches on their staffs.Why just these two schools? Could it have been a vendetta?? Also ...have they checked the other schools to see if their helmets or anything else is missing? After all this wasn't discovered til now. There could have been many items missing from other places.

This is a perfect situation for the coach to set a precedent and earn some respect. I hope he takes advantage.