DB vs SCIENCE HILL

ArtVandalay

We might as well get this one started early, it deserves the press of a full week.

Let's try and keep this string on Topic. No other School needs to be mentioned for this String to be Red Hot and Juicy enough. Kingsport and Johnson City have been hooking up on every type of field imaginable since time began in East Tn HS Sports. This is each school's biggest and oldest Rivalry. I am glad 5A hasn't taken that away too!!

THIS YEAR.... IT'S FOR ALL THE MARBLES!!! Winner takes all in the Big East and home field in the playoffs is a BIG DEAL. I am sure if DB wins, they wrap up home field, not sure about SH and hwo that works with them. I am really glad that SH new Coaching Staff has that that team turned around. They were a bad football team for too many years with way to much talent at that school. Not any more.

Let's bring back some history lessons in the Classic Rivalry. I am sure of a couple of things... DB has beaten SH more times in football than any other school has, ever. And visa versa, SH has beaten DB more times than any other opponent has.

What are the great games you have seen over the years? For me, last year in JC was a real nail chomper (7-3) and man, it was cold in JC that night. SH must have everyone back on D this year because they have 4 Shutouts this season, wow!! That is a huge stat.

DB has been like a kid at the sink faucet this year. Push over one way and the Tribe and been scalding hot. Push over the other way,,,, cold man, cold. That what you get with a young team. Friday against Campbell Co. was a perfect example.. 1st qtr... cold. but, after that, the Tribe was great on D and the Running Game was the best it has been all year, racking up 290 yds on the ground. I think DB will need to get the kid out of the sink for this one and let the coach have control of the handle.

I am sure all of my JC pals from last years basketball season will be cheering hard for the Hill, so LET'S GET IT ON!! I expect that J.Fred Johnson Stadium will be JAMMED to the gills on Halloween Night for this BIG EAST BATTLE!!

Giddy Up

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, JC to DB will always be Johnson City. We told you guys once to make that clear. So again, no matter how good Jefferson Co. is, Johnson City will always be known to anyone from the Tri Cities as JC. That is why I said there were two close games(vs Karns and Campbell Co). And we don't give a crap about Jefferson Co right now. DB will concentrate on JC (Johnson City) for those who can't get it through their head. Go back to your own thread unless you are gonna talk about DB or JC, like an adult would, not your who cares, my team is hot yada, yada crap.

Why start it again? Say something useful or shutup. You and 2good are a disgrace to Jeff Co.

Edited by bud

If you don't understand that it is crap to come on a thread about DB vs Science Hill

and say, "who cares Jeff Co is hot" then we don't even have to guess how smart you are. If losing to Karns is a disgrace then so is Jeff Co losing to DB

Edited by bud

This String belongs to THE REAL RIVALRY IN NORTH EAST TENNESSEE!! THE Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians vs. Johnson City Science Hill Hilltoppers. Wanna-be's are not welcome nor wanted. This is the biggest game in this series in so many years. I don't remember the last time both teams entered this contest 8-1 and the Conference Tittle on the line, but here we are, and this will decide things!!

DB has always been FOOTBALL, but, at one time Johnson City had their way in this series. I will get the numbers on the all-time matchups, breakdowns, and win streaks in the series and post them soon. DB does hold the series edge, winning 9 straight (sound familiar, ye who don't belong?), but at one time this was a real back and forth series.

Does anyone out there remember watching Steve Spurrior play for the Toppers'? If so, please sound in and let us here how he did in games vs. DB. I saw a larger than life Picture of Spurrier in his playing days, inside the Topper Palace last winter, he had that same smug look on his face when he was 17. But he must have been some kind of special athelete though, as he was All-State in Football, Baseball and Track.

Getting Jiggy with it... and

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy UP!!!

Edited by ArtVandalay