Best Punter in 5 A

CCHSCougar

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt you, but why would AU need another punter and why would anyone go to AU to be their backup for four years? Kody Bliss has that job wrapped up just fine.

I'd say Franklin's David DeFatta is one of the best. Junior that's kicking on avg. 44.3 yards per punt (before Friday night when he had several boomers). Not bad at all.

I don't doubt you, but why would AU need another punter and why would anyone go to AU to be their backup for four years? Kody Bliss has that job wrapped up just fine.

I'd say Franklin's David DeFatta is one of the best. Junior that's kicking on avg. 44.3 yards per punt (before Friday night when he had several boomers). Not bad at all.

I'd have to totally agree with you fhsrebel27, Defatta's by far the best we've faced this year :rolleyes: Last year in the game at Franklin, I think that it was his mother that we interviewed on the radio during the lightning delay, we had a lot of fun out of her on the air, because she was so nervous. <_< I don't think that she will have to worry about having to pay for a college education for him, he should get a scholarship somewhere next year if he stays healthy.

Obviously AU needs a punter because they are recruiting Zac, if they didn't need one then they wouldn't look at Zac. Also, when Zac was a Junior her surpassed 44.3 yards. His average is 60 yards a punt.

AVERAGING 60 YARDS A PUNT!!!!!!! On how many punts?

Craig Hentrich of the Titans doesn't average that, We aren't stretching things a little here are we? :D

Edited by Falconstatman

ok...let me straighten this up a lil bit for you guys.....Zach isnt gbein looked at because of his punting ...lol...first off they are lookin at him for his defense..and then last year as a junior....he averaged around 50 a kick because one of em he boomed bout 75 yards.....50 in the air...25 roll...hes a consistent guy...i think his average has dropped this year because of a punt at dobyns bennett that only went around 40...just to let you guys know..