Catholic vs. Webb

Guest irish67

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to Catholic. Catholic has lots of weapons both on offense and defense. Webb's offense won't go anywhere fast due to Catholic's strong and swarming defense. The Irish are peticularly strong against any run game. No running back can go outside or up the middle without a stroke of severe luck. Catholic's ends and linebackers read their keys and move too quickly for a RB to gain yard. Plus the D-Tackles will blowup anything coming up the middle. Thanks to the very good Corners and Safes, any passing game will be quickly picked off in a play or two. They specialize in making big plays and turning over the ball.

The offense is too quick for a defense to stop. The line may not be the strongest or the biggest, but they get their assignments down, complimened with a McFadden or a Sheridan to make any opponent miss. Along with the line and running backs is the QB, Dack Ishii. He is one of the most error-free players on the team and will make small plays and big plays work to Catholic's advantage. He's big, fast, and smart. He's too much of a threat for Webb to even stop.

Webb has a good and solid running back. He won't go very far with just two good lineman. The only hope for Webb to stay alive is their defense. For their sake, they better not play like they did against BGA. Go Irish.

This will be THE MOST INTENSE Catholic/Webb football game in nearly 20 years. Throw out the records baby 'cause these two teams are going to war!

The Rundown:

Webb boasts both Greg Rolfes and Spence Hunter on both sides of the ball (at Guards and LB's) along with 6'2 280 lbs and 6'5 210 lbs tackles. At center they have a 5'9 190 lbs ball of hate. Taking the snaps is junior QB, Arthur Long. A fiery kid with a great ablity to lead and even greater understanding of the offense. At wingback they have Kevin Campbell and Evan Smith. Campbell is a big play back who will spring one when the offense needs a lift. Smith is a big back (6'2) with the ablity to knock you down or run around you. At tightend is 6'1 Charlie Seivers. Son of the famous Tennessee wide reciever, Charlie definately inherited his fathers hands, although he isn't the fastest kid around. At split end is sophomore Andy Huddleston. A quick little man who can get the team 10 to 15 yards when its needed. At fullback is junior Ryan Walker. An extremely strong back almost impossible to take down one on one. Walker has been Webb's big play maker on offense this year and he opens up the offense when he plays well.

I figure i don't need to put up a rundown on Catholic since "I have more sacks than you" already did.

The Prediction: Upset Special: Webb wins in a track meet, 42-38

Edited by BriC