A Champion Clarkrange Runner-up Bradford

Miss Basketball: Meredith Richardson

AA Champion Livingston Academy Runner-up Oliver Springs

Miss Basketball: Katrina Beechboard

AAA Champion Shelbyville Runner-up Bradley Central

Miss Basketball: Alex Fuller

Division II Champion Harpeth Hall Runner-up Baylor

Miss Basketball: Natalia Cothran

Well I'll put my predictions up and see what I got right and wrong at the end of the season!

Edited by HUCK

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Dresden shocks Trenton Peabody, region foes could clash for title, Dresden has several juniors that have played for two years that are talented, if they are physical enough, it could happen....other finalists of mine would be Celina, Ezell Harding, and Clarkrange....Bradford has Richardson, but I think that is about all..and no Russell behind the steering wheel.

AA Jackson County beats somebody.....4 peat heads to 5, until they are home they are the favorite...other state participants Oliver Springs, Seymour, LA, Cheatham Co, Obion Co :unsure: , Gibson Co

AAA "Cod lock" Shelbyville beets somebody, MTSU might come out and play them. Early line: Shelbyville -3 over MTSU....

Edited by WesCharge

A - I saw Dresden this summer and they may have the talent to make a run at the State. With the core of talent back at Trention Peabody they will be tough to beat also. I see Peabody barely getting by Dresden and wining there second in a row.

AA - Could it finally be the year that Mcmillian gets a gold ball back in Martin. The state championship game will be a repeat of last years final but with a different result Martin Westview stoping the five peat of Jackson County.

AAA - Who else but the Little Man bringing home another Gold Ball. This could be the best Shelbyville team ever and could make a national title run also. Who they will play in the finals is a toss up but going let everyone in on a sleeper team for the 2003 - 2004 season, Knoxville Powell but if i was a betting man I would say Jill Prudden will guide her team to the finals for yet another Shelbyville and Oak Ridge classic.

D2 - Hugh Freeze will win another state title with Briarcrest. He has two of the top two young kids in the state in Alliesha Easley and Mellisa Leibswager.

Showtime7....Westview is awfully young and has to replace the scoring and heart of Cavin. If Farrell and Brundige can get them going, then the young ones have the potential to do alot of good things. Will probably play 10-12 girls a night with 7 or 8 being freshman and sophomores. The Wizard has a ton of young talent; I'm sure there is apotion brewing and the formula is being picked up at the local Wal-Mart :blink: We'll see....but I hope you are right, and if you are, then it could be a good run for a few years.

Jackson County is STILL the team to beat....I don't think a 5 Peat has ever happened in Tennessee, a couple of 4 peats by ( a guess) Clarkrange, Pickett Co and Shelbyville, and of course the current run......must be an awful big trophy case, I still say book end silver balls would look good surrounding all that gold :D unless they are in the trunk of the infamous coach's car.

Craigmont will contend for the State title this year. I don't know if they are ready for Shelbyville, but I think Shelbyville will be the only team in their way this year, except for a few national contenders at the Nike Tournament. They should have at least gone to state last year, but just ran out of gas at the end of the season. They went undefeated until the end of the league games and since East has graduated everyone, the district and regional titles are Craigmont's to lose. They are battle-tested now and those 5 freshman starters who made it to regionals and who have paved the way are now juniors and the experience is overwhelming, in addition to a few newcomers who will be immediate impact players. In my opinion, the question mark for who will play Shelbyville in the championship game can be filled in (just a prediction). Two All-Americans on one team is a tough combination for everyone except Shelbyville. :lol:

I have to agree with showtime on Powell, I say them win a game this summer by a score of like 94-2, with the 2 coming after the buzzer on free throws. Those district match-ups with Oak Ridge should be barn burners. Last year, Powell had Oak Ridge beat twice duiring the regular season and let them off the hook. This year, I think that Powell gets it done. Erin Ogan is probably one of the top 3 or 4 best players in the state and she is only a junior this year.

In Class A, I agree with WesCharge, I think Dresden can get it done if things fall in the right places. Others would be Clarkrange and Ezell Harding.....

In Class AA, if Westview is there, I would be shocked. They aren't even the best in 13AA. (Gibson Co.). I think that the AA champion will be out of 7AA....could be a Jackson Co./Livingston state title game. How does that chant go??? HOG EYE TNT........

In Class AAA, Barring the injury bug, Shelbyville walks away with another gold ball. I don't care who comes out of Memphis, it won't be enough to beat Shelbyville. If there are some injuries though, then it becomes a wide open race....

In DII, I would look for a Harpeth Hall/Briarcrest Final. It is very tough to repeat....

Should be a great year for basketball....