7aaa

Jen56803

Guest Oakland

as much as i would love to think that grandstaff could get enough out of her players to win district, i just dont think it will be a reality, in my mind oakland's motto will be"wait till next year" taran and quiche are the only seniors that i can think that get legit playing time

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Co. has the talent to win it, but will finish second in the season and will turn it on come district tourney time. Cookeville will be tough with Reed and Meredus, who will fill Ashley Taylor's shoes? Riverdale lost Horton, but still have a good nucleus of players in Lanning, Pettus and Pilkenton. Warren, Blackman and Lebanon will fight in the middle of the pack with Seigal bringing up the rear. My guess is Oakland or Riverdale will win district 7AAA during the regular season, but will be put out in the second round of district tourney. Grandstaff will get everything out of Riddle and Hayes and Burt with his guards and wings, no post presence.

I dont believe that Taylor's shoes need to be filled. Now let me explain, without her that means some other players going to get covered ore since you almost had to double her to stop her, but if you are talking scoring, I believe that the ones you listed above and that others can fill in on that, this team can shoot really well

I think the 7AAA district tourney race is going to be a close one this year. I don't think just one team is going to run away with the title this year, because I feel like most of the teams are pretty evenly matched up except for a few. Riverdale has good wings and shooters, Oakland has taran and fletcher, Cookeville and White Co. have a good all around team, Blackman is well balanced with shooters and posts, along with Lebanon, Warren County has good shooters, and then siegel, their new and young. I can't wait to see which of these teams comes out on top. like I said before, it will be a good race to the top.

I don't think you should count out Blackman. They have 7 returning seniors, everyone is healthy this year except one key injury. Yall have doubted Blackman to long. This year you will be surprised I promise look at the line up:

Seniors:

Alana Hicks

Nikki Hughes

Megan Carter

Thierrie Patterson

Jennifer Gregory

Meghan Scott

Kristen Jackson

Everyone of these girls is good. They will give White Co. and Cookeville a run for the title.

Promising Underclassmen:

Brittany Bowers

Devin Thompson

Laura Dison

Tukeea Hicks

This is a solid 11 and can play with any team in the district!!! 7AAA Blackman is bringing the heat to the court

Edited by tp2004

i don't agree... cookeville easy? i don't think so... 7aaa suffered some extreme talent losses as a whole, which i think opens the district up to several teams... white co's experienced group will finally start to pay off, but its fans will serve as a distraction with their continued split for/against their coach... cookeville returns some talent, but gets little help from its underclassmen which makes it not as deep as some would like to think... riddle (oakland) needs the return of her former coach if the team is to rely on her helping the guards, but the team will be too weak inside and teams will move defenses out to counteract the guards... riverdale will have to get consistency from its guards, but has underrated talent returning despite the loss of the all world senior... warren's fate rests on how well their big scorer returns from her knee injury... lebanon lost a lot and gets little help from underclassmen as well... blackman, to me, seems to be the most interesting animal in the hunt--well coached... seigal looks to be the sacrificial lambs in their inagural season... so predictions...

tie for first-- blackman & white -- visiting teams winning in head to head meetings

third- cookeville (sorry keg)

fourth-riverdale

fifth- warren

sixth- oakland

seventh-lebanon

eighth- seigal (does win 1 district game against oakland, warren or lebanon)

so who's keeping track of how we do?

sputhpaw24,

explain your pick of blackman & white more please, cause I have heard different more from the white pick that they are losing some good senior talent with a girl that quit and although they have talkent it is young in sopohmores. Why don't you think Cookeville has as much depth? The White information is from further up toward the beginning in this thread