Boyd Buchanon Question

my2sons

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will is currently attending the Air Force Academy prep-school. It is a year of school 'between' High School and College designed for those who are not familiar w/military schools to help them get acclimated. It also helps the atheletes since the military academies do not redshirt.

William is playing for Tusculum where I understand he has been working at Linebacker.

Will is currently attending the Air Force Academy prep-school.  It is a year of school 'between' High School and College designed for those who are not familiar w/military schools to help them get acclimated.  It also helps the atheletes since the military academies do not redshirt.

The way I also heard is that Will Healy can go onto the Air Force Academy or sign a scholorship with another school. Its like a JC school!

Edited by Sequatchie

Hear Healy wants out and may (and can) leave at Christmas for another college program since he as really just been redoing High School senior year. AF doesnt pass as much as he would like and he has had a really hard time adjusting to the military way of life. Search resent article at Chattanoogan.com

Correct, the Prep School is similar to a Juco program. The Academy will send many of their recruits there for many reasons including getting them ready academically for the Academy, getting them used to the Air Force athletic program, and also just to get them adjusted to military life.

Having attended the Air Force Academy, the prep school is really nothing like the Academy. You are however introduced to the military lifestyle to some degree. Will just doesn't care for the lifestyle. I believe he would be able to deal with the offensive style of play if he had some kind of a life. But the ACademy is designed to not give you a life while you are there.

I really hope he considers UTC if he for sure comes home at Chrismtas. We'd sure love to have him back, however I'd love to see him succeed at the Air Force Academy because what you take from there is so much more than a football career!

Good luck to Will!