Region 1-5A -vs- Region 2-5A

TribeFan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my honest prediction...No fooling around this time.

Round 1

Oak Ridge v. Sevier co.

McMinn v. Science Hill

Jeff. Co. v. William Blount

DB v. SD

Round 2

Oak Ridge v. Jeff Co.

DB v. McMinn Co.

Round 3

Jeff Co. v. McMinn Co.

I think Jeff Co. will win if McMinn cannnot find a way to stop Houston and Jennings.

If they do, I think McMinn County wins because I do not think Jeff. Co. can go with a one-dementional passing offense and have total success. I also do not think that Jeff. Co. defense can stop McMinn's offense. McMinn's ones consistency this season has been their defense.

With all of that said:

Round 4

Lincoln Co. v McMinn

I make this prediction with a humble heart souly because of Tribepan. He has not made one intelligent comment all year but I think this is how it will play out.

I still think that if the top four teams in each region played 10 games against one another that region 1 would be the best region. However, I just think that McMinn is hot and I think their style of playing is going to give SH, DB, and JC problems.

Tribecan is still an idiot though...I want to make that point very clear.

Bud, you are right about McMinn. It does seem like a long shot. I have watched Jeff Co., DB, SH, OR, and McMinn play, and all five have a shot at making to the semi-final game. I do not make my prediction based on talent alone. I just think that the Cherokees have a good offense that can score on any play from scrimmage and a sound defense. However, it is hard to beat any DB team at home and very hard to beat a DB team like this years wether they are at home or on the road. As far a SHHS, they are good but I question them just because I think they have only played one good team this year so far and they lost. I think Jeff Co. is the team to beat in the playoffs, but I think with Coach Hutchins knowing the players and the offense at Jeff Co., I think he can get a win...even in Dumplin Valley.

You got that right, and there is nothing that we can do to help the situation. We just have to sit back and let these 15-18 year olds decide who wants to go to practice on Monday and who wants to go home after school. This is when high school football becomes so much fun.

Never, you fried that girls hair and made her cry on her prom night, and then you laughed about it at the convention. What kind of a sick permvert are you. I only said that about McMinn cause of the real coaching staff and the players. Notice that I said coaching staff and not kicking staff.

MY 1ST ROUND PLAYOFF PICTURE

DB (R1 #1)(HOME) VS SODDY DAISY (R2 #4)

JEFF CO (R1 #2)(HOME) VS WILLIAM BLOUNT (R2 #3)

OR (R2 #1)(HOME) VS SEVIER COUNTY (R1 #4) THIS IS A LOCK

MCMINN CO (R2 #2) VS SCIENCE HILL (R1 #3)

2ND ROUND (IF ALL THAT HAPPENS)

DB (HOME) VS MCMINN CO.

OR (HOME) VS JEFF CO.

3RD ROUND (IF WE ARE LUCKY, AND I EXPECT WE WILL BE)

DB (HOME) VS OR

IN A CLASSIC REMATCH

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

GIDDY UP!!!

If your right Van it will be a Classic rematch. It will certanially put the $$ in to the T$$AA He He

Just an update I missed one game in the first round. I had DB VS Faragut and it ends up being Soddy instead. A tougher game but the outcome will be the same.

I updated round two because I was not counting on Lamon Willams playing because of bad info on his ankle injury. What were his numbers tonight?

Round two has

OR vs Jefferson Co.-----------------------OR by 3

A tough close game but OR comes out on top. Might even come down to our kicking game

DB vs McMinn Co. ------------------------DB by 10

DB should pull this one out if they do not underestimate McMinn

Round Three

DB vs OR ( not even going to guess the spread on this one)

This game will come down to turnovers, penaltys, and adjustments by the coaching staff. OR will not run out of gas this time. That issue has been addressed and is no longer in the equation.

I am excited about OR this season and the coming seasons as well. OR is playing sophmores at two starting running back positions and a junior quaterback. We have an awesome sophmore quaterback and three more sophmore running backs waiting their turn that can pick em up and put em down. Our skill positions are deep and our line is wide. I will take speed over size anytime. I hope this doesnt sound like bragging, heck I am not the one playing, I am just proud of these young men.

Edited by Wildmanfan

Things went as expected and ROUND 1 REGION 1/2 5A

#4 SODDY DAISY @ #1 KINGPSORT DOBYNS-BENNETT

#3 SCIENCE HILL @ #2 MCMINN CO

#4 SEVIER CO. @ #1 OAK RIDGE

#3 WILLIAM BLOUNT @ JEFFERSON CO

What are your thoughts of the 1st Round Match-Ups?

I take Science Hill to Upset McMinn Co as the Cinderalla Story. But all games look to be fun and great for the fans.

I don't think Dobyns-Bennett has ever played Soddy Daisy, ever! Science Hill and McMinn Co may not have played more than a couple of times themselves. I am sure there is some history with the other Schools, maybe great games in the past.

Sound off and let's here who you like. I am sure glad Major Hoople doesn't pick Playoff games, or DB would be in real trouble.

ArtVandalay

Importer/Exporter

Marine Biologist

Architect