Questions in Morristown?

EHSsuperfan

For Morristown East tonight, freshman back up QB Brad Ramsey has looked nothing like a freshman QB...but I guess its not too hard to hand off to Charvez Fransico. But Ramsey hasnt made too many mistakes tonight and has looked good on his passes. Could he start in the playoffs? Only if Palazolla cant go. The Canes have looked pretty good tonight considering their three best players are out, at QB and top two wide outs. But good job to Brad Ramsey for stepping in there and getting a W for the final game of the season. Hope Palazolla gets better for the playoffs. Canes could be a force to be reckon with. Wish ya luck guys.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say congratulations to the Hurricanes. I knew East would be better this year and picked them to be in the playoffs but 7-3 surprised me and perhaps a lot of other folks. Nevertheless, it is good to see East back on the winning side of the ledger. Looks like Coach Smith and his staff have the program heading in the right direction.

Good luck to the 'Canes next week against Elizabethton or Tennessee. Go get em!

Morristown%20West.gif

Ramsey did a very good job, and is going to be a good one. In that situation as a coach you just have to let the kid know that nobody expects him to carry the team and that he is surrounded by players like Francisco that will get the job done. They did exactly that, and Brad did a good job of playing error free ball and feeding the horses. We did not have to pass much but when we did he did a good job and the line gave him time to throw which is always the key to the passing attack. At any rate it was a tough place to put a freshman and he passed the test. My guess is that he will be the starter in the playoffs, if Jared is unable to go, because he does the best job of running the offense.

Rehab group of Morristown has done a tremendous job with Jareds ankle. At this time last week I would have said it would be a miracle if he would be ready for the playoffs, but it looks about 50-50 right now. You never know about a high ankle sprain, but whoever plays QB will have to make some plays because I am sure Tennessee high will stack the line to stop Charvez.

Randy3116, and Nizzi B if we had beaten Greenville, and gotten in the bracket opposite West I think we might have had two Morristown teams in the finals, but we didn't and although it is why you play the games I think West has got the best shot from this area of winning it all. Also I saw at least three other KEY Cane players with ice on their ankles, and one on crutches leaving the game last night in addition to Jared. I think a big reason why players are injured is fatigue and with so many players playing both ways for East and West being so deep may explain why the Canes are battered, and the Trojans healthy.

At any rate good luck to the Canes, and Trojans, and I hope we keep it Morristown.

I've had the pleasure of seeing Brad Ramsey playing baseball in the Parks and Rec leagues for the past few years and got to see him QB a couple of times last year when he was at East Ridge Middle.

One other athlete that I think Cane fans would like to see on the gridiron is Kent Basile. He's obviously gifted, but why would you play golf over football?