REGION VI

wrestlerman

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to say because no one knows where anyone is going to be. I will take a guess.

103- Benson Hillsboro

112- Lowe McGavock

119-Ibrahim Overton

125-Jennings Overton

130-Mitchell FRA

135-Golden Glencliff

140-Randolph Hillsboro

145-Yoder Hillsboro

152-Coffin MLK

160-Jenkins MLK

171-Vanderloop Hillsboro

189-Valentine Lipscomb

215-Hayes Overton

275-Elston Glencliff

Idon't have a clue on the weights on these guys for this year this is purely speculation on my part.

Thanks, Tennvol. As I recall, Brewster beat Mitchell of FRA ( who was then an 8th grader ) for the region title last year at 130, so he would have to be considered a region favorite at 130-135 this year, I would think. Over on the TWF site, Matmaid has Brewster as a potential state finalist at 130 in DI. Of course, all of this is pure speculation based on last year's weight and some of these kids hit a growth spurt about this age and suddenly jump a few weight classes.

Nice report Tnmat. That is a pretty good-size hole for Gabriel to fill on his Overton squad. Did he move there to live with brother Casey or has the whole family moved to that state? His dad reffed a number of matches that I saw last year and I thought was a pretty good one that I would hate see go off to another state.

It's hard to say because no one knows where anyone is going to be. I will take a guess.

103- Benson Hillsboro

112- Lowe McGavock

119-Ibrahim Overton

125-Jennings Overton

130-Mitchell FRA

135-Golden Glencliff

140-Randolph Hillsboro

145-Yoder Hillsboro

152-Coffin MLK

160-Jenkins MLK

171-Vanderloop Hillsboro

189-Valentine Lipscomb

215-Hayes Overton

275-Elston Glencliff

Idon't have a clue on the weights on these guys for this year this is purely speculation on my part.

Pretty good predictions, yet no mention of Josh Johnson of Antioch. He will annihilate Jenkins at 160. Also Benson of Hillsboro will not be at 103, he was barely making it last season. My pick at 103 has to go to Joe Zamora of Antioch. Also, what about Clemons of Glencliff, didn't he win the region as a freshman, and didn't he beat Paul Coffin.

NUNUNU

103 is always a hard weight to pick because of problems with kids making weight. Zamora could well win region @103 but then again just about anyone else could for that matter.

Clemmons was second at region losing to Yoder of Hillsboro. I picked Coffin because he has beaten Clemmons in the past and has the advantage of experience on his side. Coffin will be in contention for the region title this year as well as Yoder and Clemmons.

Josh Johnson is a good wrestler,he finished third @ State two years ago @ 152. However he has never won the region.Last year @160 he got majored by Pack at regions and finished fourth , then got spanked by Driggers at state and was out. Jenkins won the region easily @152and he also wrestled up and beat Pack. Jenkins only losses last year were to Dustin Catlett and Josh Bennett ; what makes you think Johnson will annihilate Jenkins? I'd like to know!!

Heck we don't even Know if any of these guys will be at the same weight. I can't wait till the season starts.

Edited by kjfan

NUNUNU

Josh Johnson is a good wrestler,he finished third @ State two years ago @ 152. However he has never won the region.Last year @160 he got majored by Pack at regions and finished fourth , then got spanked by Driggers at state and was out. Jenkins won the region easily @152and he also wrestled up and beat Pack. Jenkins only losses last year were to Dustin Catlett and Josh Bennett ; what makes you think Johnson will annihilate Jenkins? I'd like to know!!

Heck we don't even Know if any of these guys will be at the same weight. I can't wait till the season starts.

Jenkins fears Josh Johnson. If Josh would have made 152, he would have annihilated Kenny. If I am not mistaken, Johnson has beat Jenkins on several occasions during the summer. Jenkins better drop to avoid running into him. Last season Johnson wasn't himself because of the great weight loss. Wait until this season. He will be stronger and hungrier. Not only should Region 6 watch out, but the rest of the state.