best of the girls

32rebel

Guest kenwoodrun

3andout...you are correct. Skinner ran pretty much by herself after the mile, and may have gone after the course record had she been pushed a little more and had it not been 108 degrees. Does anyone know if she is planning on racing Foot Locker?

And no offense simple man, but a 53rd place finish in the AAA race does not do a lot to legitimize some one as the best runner in east TN. That's overlooking a whole lot of girls from your part of the state to make a statement like that.

And no offense simple man, but a 53rd place finish in the AAA race does not do a lot to legitimize some one as the best runner in east TN. That's overlooking a whole lot of girls from your part of the state to make a statement like that.

I agree this was not a strong finish this year- but everybody has a bad race, and this was her worst race ever. Alot of contributing factors to this year disappointment that I won't go into. Pickel has run in the 19's several time this year and finished with a 19:09 last year! She learned alot from this season, and from mistakes made, and I can guarantee you there will be no more 53rd place finishes! But I do understand what you are saying Kenwood! <_< Palmer from Cleveland- a sophomore that placed 21st this year will be a contender next year!

Edited by peacemaker

In East Tennessee I think Jackie Pickel is the best girls runner she is only a sophmore at Bradley Central High School and won regions this year...I'm not sure if they're going to state or not but look out for her over the years.

UMMMMMMMM........ I was just wondering if you even knew we already went to State- Saturday Nov.2nd- like the day BEFORE you posted this??? I think it is very nice of you to take up for JP- She is an excellent runner, but.........you didn't even know if we were going to state, and we've already been! ;) Who are you?

I agree with Peacemaker , Tiffany Palmer is going to be one to watch out for in the future, she ran a 19:56 this year and last year, she seems to be stuck on that time but at least she is consistent. Pickel is a great runner when she wants to be she has so many other things going on with other sports . But I would not go as far as calling her the "Best girl runner in East TN"!!! (BCHSSimpleman).... Also Peacemaker don't make any guarantees on anymore 53rd place finishes all you know she could go out and bomb again next year ...WHO KNOWS!!!

I dont recall ANY Bradley girls claiming to be #1 or otherwise, a "fan" posted that about Pickel and I merely respnded to Kenwoods post. Skinner is great and everybody knows it. My Daddy use to have a saying "If you're good- everybody will KNOW it- you don't have to brag about it!"

(I guess thats some advise we could all heed to!) :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...