dickson co. and hendersonville

kicker40

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, it'll probably be close... as if they hadn't done it at the Riverdale game, Dickson County made me a huge believer last night. Hendersonville, you have to stop the Cougars from making long drives. Watch out for one long one. They did it in the 4th vs Riverdale (I'm sure BigDogDaddy wishes I would cease to talk about that one) and they put together one last night in the 3rd vs Franklin. They eat up so much clock it's not even funny. Hate to say it but the Commandos don't have a chance.

Dickson County 39 Hendersonville 14

Guest BRANDON43

I have to disagree with those of you who say HHS does not have chance. HHS knows DC as well as anyone. HHS has yet to play up its potential but if they find a way to do just that then this will be a big first round upset!

HHS has the defense to stay with DC.

HHS 21 DC 7

Finally BigDogDaddy we agree to a tee. Dickson has a gameplan week in and week out. Their two tackles are rugged and hard-nosed, thus leading a very potent running game. Glad to see someone other than the Dickson faithful giving their QB(Shane Bishop) some quality pub. He is a leader on the field and the "no flash" comment was right on target. That is the whole style of their team. He has only one interception on the season and that was on a deflection during week 1. Many people believed they were overrated after the Brentwood game but I believe they did what was expected. During that game DCHS ran 5 plays out of one offensive set the entire game. Late in the fourth quarter they jumped into the wing tee formation and promptly trounced 95 yards for a score. Rumor has it that they figured it would be tough to sweep Centennial, Brentwood, and Franklin. They crushed Centennial and moved the ball against Franklin at will by mixing up sets and formations. Did anyone notice that against Brentwood they showed Franklin absolutely nothing except the smokestack formation. Perhaps losing week 8 to Brentwood took the pressure off of an undefeated season. Looked like the theory worked on Friday. They came out poised and fired up in front of a hostile home crowd at Franklin.