Halls Football

tennstar33

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post redbyrd.  I cant believe you played at Halls KFL and think that runnin the option is runnin up the middle.  Whatever the DE does determines where the ball goes.  I bet you were a big factor on that Halls team werent you.

Where did I ever say anything about running the ball up the middle? I said Halls uses a smash mouth style of offense, which needs good a O-Line.

Once again I think Coach Sheppard is a great coach and enjoyed playing for him. I just believe that he could have passed it more. Im not saying line up with 4-5 wide and throw it 20-30 times a game. But I think that against Central especially where they bring 9 men in the box, you have to spread them out to open up the run. Maybe running 3-4 wide and then giving it to Timbo and let him find a seam to run through, something like that.

Im not basing any of my comments on this years team. Halls was at the bottom of the barrel this year in Region 3-4A on talent. I just dont think Coach Sheppard will have as much success as he could have if he would pass the ball alittle more.

P.S.

I believe I played a big factor for Halls.

Edited by KFLfootball

Where did I ever say anything about running the ball up the middle? I said Halls uses a smash mouth style of offense, which needs good a O-Line.

Once again I think Coach Sheppard is a great coach and enjoyed playing for him. I just believe that he could have passed it more. Im not saying line up with 4-5 wide and throw it 20-30 times a game. But I think that against Central especially where they bring 9 men in the box, you have to spread them out to open up the run. Maybe running 3-4 wide and then giving it to Timbo and let him find a seam to run through, something like that.

Im not basing any of my comments on this years team. Halls was at the bottom of the barrel this year in Region 3-4A on talent. I just dont think Coach Sheppard will have as much success as he could have if he would pass the ball alittle more.

P.S.

I believe I played a big factor for Halls.

A legend in his own mind.

Again, I don't think they had anyone to throw to or anyone to protect him.

KFL? You say hand it off to Timbo? Didn't he spend half or most games on the sidelines because he had a backache? Yes i believe he did. Also as far as Jenkins goes...Yes he had a strong arm and a good qaurterback, BUT , count the times that he overthrew or underthrew his receivers. Not to take anything away from him but he over or under threw or threw into double coverage more times than i can count. I think in the next two years you will see Lucas throwing the ball more than the past couple of Qb's Sheppard has had. But the O-Line better hit the weight room hard. And it wouldn't hurt for Lockwood and Mynatt to hit the weight room and make sure the rest of their team improves their weight room attendance this year. Like I have said earlier 69.37% is not good enough in this region.

Evidently he is a legend in his own mind because yes Timbo was hurt the whole year with a bad back and Halls tried to spread it 3 and 4 wide and tried to find a seam in the second half at Central and that worked real well didnt it. I believe they had less than 30 years offense that night. KFL are you sure you played at Halls or did you just sit in the stands and and do some arm chair quarterbacking.

Edited by littlemn88

Honestly I think that everybody needs to get off Halls back. They have two average seasons and everybody starts yelling they need a new coach. Thats crazy Coach Shepard is one of the best coaches in Tennessee. He went to the playoffs 7 or 8 years straight. You cant beat that streak with a stick. Leave the guy alone and watch them start man handling people in the very near future. Halls Had it and lost it and are about to get it back.

I dont believe I ever said I was a legend in any way. I mean I havent been on here talking about myself one bit. I just simply was defending Coach Sheppard when someone said something about a coaching change. All I said was, In my opinion I thought Coach Sheppard could try throwing the ball more, I could be wrong. I know Halls has had two bad years on the talent side of things.

And we did not spread the field against Central in the 2nd half. And when we did, we didnt throw the ball first to set up the draw.

Jenkins could have thrown the ball better if he had a chance to get in a rythme. I mean you cant expect a guy to throw 3-5 passes a game right on target, if thats all he gets to throw it.

Yes Timbo had a bad back, but when you give it to him and there is 3-5 guys hitting him everytime he gets the ball. Yeah he is gonna be hurt. I mean when you talk to people who played on other teams and all week in preparation, they teach the kids to take the dive, and then hit Timbo, and let the QB run it, because they know he wasent a treat. I mean how is that gonna work? To run the triple option you have to have 3 threats, not just 1 1/2. When we had Matt Lance at full back it worked alot better, cause he was the type of fullback that could run for 200yds. I played fullback, and I know neither I, or the other fullbacks were that kind of threat.

I mean I dont really know where all this "Legend in my own mind" stuff came from. All I said was that I thought Coach Sheppard could have thrown the ball more. Never said anything about myself. I think Coach Sheppard is a great coach and a great guy. I just think that any team needs pretty good balance.

Edited by KFLfootball