Who can really win 11A?

hockeytown

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer to who can really win the District 11A is easy. Like any other district it's who ever plays every game like it's the last and never gives up. Coaching and atheletes will always get you a long ways but whoever is the hungriest really plays a big role in who has the district 11A title at the end of the year. I wish every team the best of luck.

Huntland is by far the best team... BUT you never know what'll happen. Acer if i remember correctly huntland was 10-3 and 2nd going into the district tourney, and they got put out by cascade, who was 4-10 and was 6th in district.. anything can happen, these teams are SOO close it's unbelievable. Its not in the bag for anyone. 11a has the toughest district and region to play in, and all the teams are tight. dont count anyone out. b/c i guarantee there will be tons of surprises this year!!!

Better watch out for Culleoka,Cornersville and Richland! They all have most of their starters back and should be ready to vie for the top spot. My pick to win the district is Huntland, they just have to many athletes for everyone else to match-up with! It should be a great season of basketball in district 11A!

I'm not trying to say Huntland isn't the front runner of the district, but what exactly do they have to make so many people choose them as the pick of the pre-season? I'm honestly just curious, and not trying to be smart about it. Could some of the people who have Huntland picked to be the favorite help me out on understanding why they are suppose to be so good. Is it that they have a pair of really good guards, dominate post game, or just have a returning team who has more experience than the rest of the District's projected starting five? I'm really interested on hearing what makes Huntland so good. Agian, I'm not saying there not good and I'm not downing anyone in any way. So please don't take this question the wrong way. And please go into detail on your reasoning, Thank You.

Here is why! They have 4 out of 5 starters back and all of there bench. There bench is going to be the key. They have to get some solid production out of there bench when people get tired of if someone gets in foul trouble. They also have good coaching in my opinion. They probably have the best point guard in Bauer(although Cowley from Cascade is right there), one of the best shooters and defenders in Smith, and one of the best all around athletes and scores in Wilkinson. I think that is why they are the team to beat. That does not mean they will, but that is why they are picked to win. I really believe they will win it too because of there experience and talent. I dont think they have forgotten what happened to them last year and think there seniors will not let it happen again. But like I said anything can happen. There are some good players and some good coaches in this district so we will see what happens. My sleeper pick in this district is Cornersville because they have great coaching and all those freshman he started playing a couple of years ago are gettting older and better. Good luck to all and especially the Lady Hornets. I hope that answered your question.