South Doyle @ Ooltewah scrimmage

mnewballer21

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Results: Ooltewah Stomped South Doyle in a a 2 12min. half format. Final: 31-18 I belive. The game agains McMinn Central was a loss, but the JV played the entire first half (11-3); the varsity came back in and made a game of it, final: 26-22...i think.

I am proud to report that the ballaz also made an appearance. Although there were only 4 of us (a full team is 5), we still caused a rucus leading to the other team missing at least 6 free throws because of our noise/flag waving/chi chi chi pa pa pa-ing. It was great.

The season looks like it will be promising if the coach will play the varsity for a full game.

Yes, the first scrimmage was a success. There is a promising future for the Ooltewah basketball team, and I know that the old skool ballaz will be dedicated fans either way. Ooltewah has a stacked team this year, and our bench could make a great starting lineup. It's gonna be awesome to see these guys play, and maybe even get some more fan support to back em up.

great post speedy, its awesome to see the old school ballas even make it out for a scrimmage like this it was great listenin to you guys cheering the whole time, can't wait for the season to start and for you guys to get even rowdier, and you should be cheering for a half way decent team at least hopefully we wont end up being worse than expected

Well i made it out to the first scrimmage of the year in the Chattanooga Area. It was hosted by Ooltewah High School. South Doyle and McMinn Central showed up and all three teams gave pretty good showings. The format was each team played two twelve minute quarters against one team and then played the other team in the same way. One team sat out every game.

The first game was between South Doyle and McMinn Central. McMinn's Rob Bledsoe pulled out McMinn's first 6 points of the game. South Doyle was able to hold onto a early lead by nailing 4 or 5 three pointers in the first 12 minutes. McMinn was able to pull away and escape with a slim win. They played very solid and smart the second half.

The second game was between Ooltewah and South Doyle. This game started out very slow. Neither team could hit a shot. Ooltewah didn't have any turnovers in the first 12 minutes. Yet, only escaped the first 12 minutes with a close lead. Ooltewah came out in the second 12 minutes and really looked good running great plays and few turnovers. Even though they never got shots to fal they still escaped with a double-digit win.

The last Varsity game of the evening was between Ooltewah and McMinn Central. Ooltewah started there second team players for the whole first half. The second team for the Owls did a pretty good job defensively holding Central to just 13 points. Yet, Ooltewah's second team only managed too score 3. Baker then put his starting unit out on the floor and they put together 8 points in 46 seconds. They pulled the game within 2 points, before the exit of three starters. Central then managed to hold onto a 4 point lead and take the win.

Even though McMinn won both of there games, from my perspective Ooltewah looked to have the best team at this scrimmage. They have good starters and fall 4 deep in the bench. Ooltewah played a solid game and looked to have the most put together team. McMinn Central definately had the second best team. They played very good as well. They need to use there big man a bit more. South Doyle had a decent team, but needed some work. They were excellent shooters, but didn't have much of a set offense put together.

Not to mention that this Scrimmage was pretty crowded. Several of the Ootlewah students came out to watch the game. There were also a group of young men wearing Ooltewah uniforms from what had to be the 80's, with a flag with an O on it about 10 ft. long. They were yelling pretty good the whole game. Ooltewah might put together a decent student section this year.

This looks to be a promising season in the Chattanooga Area.

Edited by ChattSportsWriter11