McKenzie vs Cheatham Co.

dt87

Official Press Release from Jacketpride24

Cold Hard Facts about the Game

Cheatam Co. (8-2)-Combined Record of Opponents (47-53)

Record against 1A- (1-0) Opponents record- (5-5)

Record against 2A- (5-2) Opponents record- (32-38)

Record against 3A- (2-0) Opponents record- (10-10)

Record away- (4-1)

McKenzie (8-2)- Combined Record of Opponents (52-44)

Record against 2A- (6-2) Opponents record- (44-32)

Record against 3A- (2-0) Opponents record- (8-12)

Record Home- (3-2)

These stats show that McKenzie has played a tougher schedule than Cheatam Co. Cheatam has been a little bit better on the road than McKenzie has at home. These could be decieving because McKenze lost to Huntingdon and Dresden at home. McKenzie Playoff experience could be a major factor in the game.

Run Offense- Cheatam Co.(Cheatam Co. does much of their damage on the ground and it seems McKenzie has abandoned their running game)

Run Defense- Cheatam Co. (Huntingdon exposed McKenzie last week and this will allow Cheatam to attack McKenzie's weak points.

Pass Offense- McKenzie (Drew Hayes is the real deal under center, he has to make the right decisions if McKenzie wants to win.)

Pass Defense-Even (Neither team has really faced a passing team this season, so this could be a difference. McKenzie will throw the ball but Cheatam Co. has to keep him in check. )

Special Teams- Even ( I dont know much about this area so I can't give an advantage to either)

Coaching- McKenzie(Coach Comer is a great coach and always does well in the playoffs. He always has his team prepared and peaking at playoff time.)

Final Score

McKenzie-27 In OT.

Cheatam Co.- 28

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see the posts on here have calmed down a lot. Thanks donhaney for the overview of Cheatham Co., just wanted to know what to expect. And, jacketpride24, your last post on here was a good one too. You broke the teams down pretty well and I suspect it will be a close game! I'm pulling for the Rebels to come out on the better end of the score but, will have no trash talk for Cheatham Co. if we don't. Should be a good one it seems.

I do have one question though, what happened to drop Cheatham Co. from 4A down to 2A? That's a BIG drop in enrollment!!!!

By the way jacketpride24, do you play for Lambuth? I live almost across the street from Bethel's fieldhouse and Lambuth has done some pretty thorough jobs on Bethel in the past in football.

Ok about Cheatham Co. Very Physical Team. They do not quit till the last horn sounds. They have a very physical offense and just simply come right at you on defense(not very physical, just throws you off with all the blitzing). On defense they dont hold back. Their Senior Tailback Sam Reeves is a load. He will not be denied positive yardage every single time he touches the ball. Just some stats: Region 5-3A rivalry Sycamore played Cheatham just two weeks after shutting down Greenbriers stud Roger Herndon(cosiderably the best RB in 3A) to 68 yds. on 18 carries. Sam Reeves and his offense racked up 326 yds. on 31 carries. He will run hard. Passing game: Quote me on this "This Passing game for Cheatham cannot and will not beat you". Cheatham is a running team. You make them pass 2 out of 4 downs you win. They do nothing special, no trickory. Other than HB pass. Which they will do.

Cheatham Co. 34

Mackenzie- 31

Ok about Cheatham Co. Very Physical Team. They do not quit till the last horn sounds. They have a very physical offense and just simply come right at you on defense(not very physical, just throws you off with all the blitzing). On defense they dont hold back. Their Senior Tailback Sam Reeves is a load. He will not be denied positive yardage every single time he touches the ball. Just some stats: Region 5-3A rivalry Sycamore played Cheatham just two weeks after shutting down Greenbriers stud Roger Herndon(cosiderably the best RB in 3A) to 68 yds. on 18 carries. Sam Reeves and his offense racked up 326 yds. on 31 carries. He will run hard. Passing game: Quote me on this "This Passing game for Cheatham cannot and will not beat you". Cheatham is a running team. You make them pass 2 out of 4 downs you win. They do nothing special, no trickory. Other than HB pass. Which they will do.

Cheatham Co. 34

Mackenzie- 31

cheathams defense is very agressive and physical they do blitz alot but they wil lay some licks on u ive seen them take some kids out of the game and if thats not physical i dont know what is

Glad to see the posts on here have calmed down a lot. Thanks donhaney for the overview of Cheatham Co., just wanted to know what to expect. And, jacketpride24, your last post on here was a good one too. You broke the teams down pretty well and I suspect it will be a close game! I'm pulling for the Rebels to come out on the better end of the score but, will have no trash talk for Cheatham Co. if we don't. Should be a good one it seems.

I do have one question though, what happened to drop Cheatham Co. from 4A down to 2A? That's a BIG drop in enrollment!!!!

By the way jacketpride24, do you play for Lambuth? I live almost across the street from Bethel's fieldhouse and Lambuth has done some pretty thorough jobs on Bethel in the past in football.

sycamore and cheatham used to be one school when they split thats why cheatham dropped down

HAHAHA Cheatham Co. win no doubt.  :)  I mean if you were smart you would have found out about them already but I guess you haven't. You'll just find out tomorrow eh? HAHAHA

Oh Great!!! Its one of them.

If McKenzie looses tomorrow, I will go into hibernation until next year but if they win, you may suffer.

And if you want to use RED, do it correctly.

Keep on smokin' that imported hash from Clarksville.

Edited by wannab

Thanks for the good posts. I have had a lot of questions about Cheatham Co. because they are new to the scene in 5AA. We have played a lot of the teams in 5AA in recent years and have a good idea on what's going on with them but, Cheatham is new on the scene. To those of you on here who have chosen to talk a bit of trash, you don't know any more about us than we do about you. We have a play book too and it actually has more than 1 page!!!!!!!! The Rebels will be snarling down your throat when the final buzzer sounds! We don't quit and we do HIT!

Back to my original message. McKenzie welcomes all of the Cheatham Co. fans to our town and the best of luck to both teams. It is my hope that both teams can leave the field tomorrow night with their heads UP!

HAHAHA Cheatham Co. win no doubt. :) I mean if you were smart you would have found out about them already but I guess you haven't. You'll just find out tomorrow eh? HAHAHA

This sounds like the same thing that started to happen against Sycamore. Somebody from Cheatham started running thier mouth and sparked a rivalry with a school in less than a week (not to mention numerous threats against the kid) I am pulling for Cheatham but please, keep off of here until the game is over. Thanks

Go $ycamore