McKenzie vs Cheatham Co.

dt87

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chetham County is a pretty physical team, similar in that regard to Lewis County. Their tailback, Sam Reeves is a workhorse but he was not very effective against Lewis County until very late in the game. The receiver Jeremy Conner is kind of a daredevil.... returns punts and kicks, very agressive. They do throw the ball decently enough. They were 6-0 at one time, lost to Lewis County at home and seem to have taken a step backwards since then. Don't know why? Their tradition is not one of going to the playoffs since they were competiting in Class 4-A just 2 years ago and were not able to accomlish much at that level.

Playing in AA, they should become a force to be reckoned with over the next few years if they can gain some winning tradition. If they play like they did in the first seven games, they will be a formidable opponent although I am not sure if they can stop McKenzies passing game?

Hope that offers some help about their team.

Thanks for clarifying that. You seem to have a tough time getting your thoughts into words that us normal folks can understand. And don't even suggest telling me to shut up. I'm in Jackson too big boy and will talk as I see fit. You have been spouting off some of the most absurd trash I've ever seen without having a clue as to what you're talking about. And if game officials are the best sources you've got then you're in trouble cause they ain't what I would call reliable. Talk to some coaches and media people. They're the ones who know football.

All you need to remember is Fairview's record in the last 10 years. 26-78. And that includes 1-0 vs. Huntingdon. Your program is on the same level as Middleton, Gleason, etc. in this part of the country and not worth worrying about.

Oh yeah, the proper way to have worded that would have been to say

Mckenzie turns the ball over on a blocked punt late in the game to allow Cheatham Co. to tie the game and send it into overtime, etc, etc. Pay attention in those English classes at Lambuth and maybe you'll be able to constuct a sentence someday.

BrewVol, you know you are right, I have a hard time coming down to your level, its hard to communicate with someone that thinks the media is an unbiased source in getting info on teams. Coaches-yes, Refs- Maybe, Media- they are biased to their region. By the way BrewVol, I am in Jackson at one of the top colleges in the South. What are u doing flipping burgers at Wendy's or something? Yeah Fairview's record isnt great over the last ten years, but who cares that is the past. What school did u go to? If you played football did u ever win state?I never won state, so dont try to bring that up either. I will once again tell you to SHUT UP!! How can you compare Fairview to Middelton and Gleason. Ask anyone who has played Fairview the last three years and they will tell you they are for real.

Some say I dont know much about football. Well ask me somethig about it and I promise I can tell you the answer. Want to know how to stop the wing-t. I can tell ya. Want to know how you keep defenses blitzing every down, I can tell you.

Cheatam Co. is a great team, that can have a very balanced attack. They have alot of athletes. McKenzie better bring their A game.

Nice post. You're right, Fairview is a little better than Middleton and Gleason--they've won an average of 1 more game a year for the last 10. I started to say Camden and Riverside but that would have been an insult to my 6 2A brethren since they have both won at least 15 more games than Fairview in that same time frame. But that's OK, you do have that 1 big win over Huntingdon to tide you over for the next decade.

It's easy to diss someone on a chat page. I'm not usually that kind of person and I apologize for getting you so irritated. I respect a young man who is trying to get an education and Lambuth is, indeed, a fine school. Coach Wallace is an acquaintance of mine and highly respected in the community. I'm on campus monthly servicing for my own business, which I do part time since I am semi-retired at age 44. I could be flipping burgers at Wendys if I chose to buy a franchise but that doesn't interest me at this point.

I graduated from Huntingdon High school several years ago. We were 19-1 my Jr and Sr years. Ranked #1 in the state at the end of the Regular season in '75. Lost in the playoffs to Bishop Byrne 15-14 in one of the most controversial games you'll ever see. I've seen a few games over the years and have a pretty good grasp of the game at this point.

If you want to learn more about the history of Huntingdon football, go to this website and check out this little video. It's kinda cheezy, but it gets its point across.

http://www.huntingdonschools.org/HHS/TRADI...20GRADUATES.wmv

Oh yeah, telling people to shut up on a message board usually doesn't work. I've tried it myself a time or two. So,enjoy your college years cause they will be some of the best you'll ever have. And realize that you are now in West Tenn. where HS football is king and any smack from across the river will be dealt with swiftly and efficiently. If you need a ride Friday night, just let me know and you can cruise down to Huntingdon with my crew to watch future Heisman winner Jimmy Gann get his a** handed to him.

Edited by BrewVol

Good luck to all the football players out there. Lewis co. will win this friday night, harpeth will win, and mckenzie will win. i hope to see mckenzie in the playoffs agian this year we will beat you this year but, if we don't hey there is always next year. But good luck to all the teams out there. I hope see one of my friends team win, that team is BOLTON.......

Good luck to the PANTHERS AND BOLTON WILDCATS.