macon county basketball

tiger_fan18

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt it be great if everyone who supported football, also supported basketball? I dont understand why they don't! I mean MC usuall has a pretty good basketball program, but they havent always had a good football team! Thats what I dont understand... why doesnt everyone support every sport?!?! Like volleyball or tennis! Those teams are usually excellent, but you never hear a word mentioned, or anything! They never even hardley get 2 rows of bleachers filled! OH well I guess it is the macon county way!

My son is the only senior for Greenbrier which Macon will be playing this friday night,(first district game for both I believe?) He guards Nathan Harris every year, I think they even have the same numbers...44? Macon is always a tough opponent, I am sure they will be the same tough team we have alsways played. As for football, we have several that played football that will return next week I think, but our point guard and one of the post players quit this past week.There is no talk of them returning.But without them we still have managed to win our first two season games. Good luck to both teams this Friday night...Go BOBCATS...GO 44!!! Benji Young!!

Wouldnt it be great if everyone who supported football, also supported basketball? I dont understand why they don't! I mean MC usuall has a pretty good basketball program, but they havent always had a good football team! Thats what I dont understand... why doesnt everyone support every sport?!?! Like volleyball or tennis! Those teams are usually excellent, but you never hear a word mentioned, or anything! They never even hardley get 2 rows of bleachers filled! OH well I guess it is the macon county way!

Wouldn't it be even better if you didn't do all bold blue letters too?? Yes. :lol:

Macon Co. support their kids. I personally happen to like Football better. But someone else may like basketball better. To each their own.

It's just too bad the basketball players have to go out and play in front of fewer fans just because they may not have an extraordinary season like the football team did. If that town can get behind the football team like that they should also be able to support the basketball team in the same way....true fans would.

• 2 weeks later...

as i was talkin to one of my friends the other day, he asked me what i thought of our basketball team this year. and before i realized what i was saying, i said i would be suprised if they win 6 or 7 games this year........ it shocked me to hear those words come out of my mouth. watching them play already this year makes the 20 win seasons and excellent teams macon has had in the past seem like it was a long time ago...... i never thought macon would put such a pedestrian team on the floor. all i can say to the tigers of today is have fun with it, enjoy the experiance and be glad u get the chance to play........ better luck next year guys ;0