Toughest Tournament?

voleagle

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to submit our duals as the toughest DUAL tournament in TN.

Kenwood

Clarksville

MBA

Franklin

Collierville

Cleveland

Hartselle, AL

Evansville Harrison, IN

Gibson Southern, IN

Northwest

Harpeth

Ft. Cambell, KY

Hopkinsville, KY

Rossview

Cumberland Co.

Christian Co., KY

As you can see there is some tough competition. Christian Brothers Tournament may be as tough or tougher, I am just telling about ours. It gets tougher every year. Another thing that makes it tough is that all teams get 5 duals in one day. After you wrestle in this tournament you know you have done something. It will be Tuesday, December 30, 2003 at Kenwood.

Also, Where is the Taco Bell tournament?

Edited by KKW

cbg, you are right on this one about Mater Dei. I have watched them for years, and I am amazed that their coaches stay in any gym with the way they act in the corners. Besides, I hear that their tournament in Indiana is a spectacle also. They never lose their own tournament!!! B) Any reason they haven't been back to Ryan tournament since they left? Is Ryan trying to bring them back or is Ryan not asking them back?

Pilot/Taco Bell is at Catholic... but it has some tough teams:

Lassiter GA

Parkview GA

Baylor

Science Hill

East Ridge

Farragut

Red Bank

Osborne GA

Milton GA

But I say that it is close between McCallie and Greeneville.... they both pull in some very tough teams. Greeneville does a good job at bringing tough teams from several states, which helps our kids.

takedown42,

If you know anything about Father Ryan & Coach Pat Simpson you know that anyone can get into the tournament. I am sure that they would love to have Mater Dei, Saint Eds, Easton, Blair, or any other top 25 program in their tournament. Mater Dei has now established their program as a top 20 program each year but I guess that it is just coinsidence that they have not been back to the Ryan Invitational since they lost a few years ago. I do know that Indiana has changed some of their travel rules and that may have something to do with the situation. I have heard that the Indiana Association would not grant Mater Dei the ok to attend the Beast of the East in Deleware. The Beast would be considered the top high school tournament in the USA.

I beleive that the McCallie Invite will definately be one of the toughest ones in the state. McCallie has my vote to be the #1 hardest tourney. The Father Ryan is a tough one but not the hardest. Taco Bell should be pretty hard i didnt get to attend it last year but I'll get to see when I step on the mat.

From the Greeneville HS web site:

1996 Baylor 291.5 pts Athens 238.5 pts

1997 Woodford Co 316 pts Ringgold 226 pts.

1998 Baylor 297.5 pts Woodford Co 288 pts.

1999 Baylor 284.5 pts Woodford Co 262 pts.

2000 Baylor 308.5 pts Woodford Co. 283 pts.

2001 Baylor 275.5 pts Clarksville 215 pts.

2002 Baylor 310.5 pts Woodford Co. 220.5 pts

2003 Baylor 298.5 pts Woodford Co. 243 pts