Northwest vs Stratford in Scrimmage

crossup

The Stratford Coaches found out real quick that Kevin Townley can play the Game :o of basketball so did Henry Harris B) ,,, these two players are great point guards, but Townley was just a little to much for Harris last night, Harris ranked 26 on GOMAB ranking which is very deserving B) .

But seriously was no match for Townley last night.. people in Clarksville was there and they witness the changing of the GUARD He was burning Stratford Defense,,,, Will Newell didn't play he still playing football. The Best DUO in the MID-TN NeweLL & Townley!!! OH Yeah niether are rank in the TOP 30 B) NEVER GET CROSSED-UP!!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to be kidding me for posting that? Henry Harris has been getting interested from APSU, MTSU, TN Tech, Murray St, and others at this time. Townley is very gifted and a nice player but to post that he gave it to Henry Harris I just cant imagine that. Someone told me that Henry was playing football anyway, not sure how true that is though.

Well all I'm gonna say is, I believe that NW-Stratford play again in the regular season so I expect Henry to be ready once that game comes back around. I'm not trying to be hard on Townley but I just dont think Kevin is ready for Harris. I mean that kid has size, speed, and ball handling along with offensive production. I'm sure Stratford has a real system where as NW is allow to run up and down the floor and play street ball the whole game. So Townley has the ball in his hands and can create more for himself where as Henry is trying to run the team. IMO there is no real comparison, gotta give Harris the edge.

Harris is Good, I said they both are good PG's But Townley had 24 points easy and didn't play the 4th Quarter.... thats whatI see... I don't know what kind of system stratford had but they couldn't Stop Townley.....

But they are a good team... the real game is when they play again for real... will see if this happens again... TNball I know what you mean when U said the Ball was in Townley's hands but thats the way it had to be without Will Newell that night... It most of all its just a scrimmage.... Good Post Tnball..... NW scrimmage Fort Campbell tonight... that could get ugly with out Newell.......

Well like I said in the other post, Townley is a very special and gifted player but I just cant see him handed it to Harris. But in any case, it wont matter much if Newell is there because everything at NW goes through Townley. Kevin makes all of the decisions as far as if he shoots or passes.

Townley numbers will be higher, he can score, he can do some 50 point games if needed, but I heard after the DEC they have a kid that can play PG fairly well, and this will move Townley to the Shooting Guard postion, and the ball will not have to continuely be in his hands,,, any NW fans know how true this is???

Northwest & Clarksville will still be the TEAMs to beat in the 10AAA again.... along with Henry County,,,, these 3 teams still cream of crop!!!!!!! Clarksville & Northwest is a Toss up, unless these teams under-achieve,,, losing Thomas was not a very big lost,, but Thomas is avery good player, and is playing well for Walter State College...

Townley will be playing D-1 next year probably TSU,,, but don't quote me on that, I have the inside track??????

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont remember Northwest being the team to beat last year...If my mind serves me correct, NW lost to Dickson in the First round of the District Tournament, Clarksville won the district reg. season and tournament titles, and Northeast was the only other Clarksville team to make it to the regional tournament. Clarksville will prolly be the best team in the District with Northeast not being to far away. Northwest is very athletic and I dont think that Haynes' points will be missed as much as his leadership and knowledge of the game. Kenwood and Rossview will be improved.

Ask any player in the region, NW was the team to beat. It was a very bad game in round 1 of the playoffs, but that's the way it went. This is a whole new year. A good assessment of the NW team cannot be made until Newell returns from playing football. I also read where Newell goes to the left a little too much. If he's going to the left, that means the other players are going to their right, and why didn't they stop him? It was exciting to see the Vikings play last year and I'm looking forward to this season.

I'll give to U Northwest did not play well at all against Dickson last year in the play-offs, be glad for teams like Dickson one hit wonders B) a , Northwest get pass Dickson they win the series in my Opinion,,, Dickson played there best basketball in the tourney B) .... This year NORTH all the WAY!!!!! NEWELL & TOWNLEY Show.... believe the HYPe!!!!! :)

Just remember HYPE is just like emotions its only good for about 5 mins then you have to settle down and play ball. I'm gonna stay with who I said will win the district or at least the city and Clarksville looks to be the toughest team around. Kenwood will be a sleeper, I dont think people are paying them much of attention but they're gonna be much improved from last years fluke. As far as getting passed the first round, the same thing could have been said about Rossview, if they got passed NE in the first round with the tournament being at thier home place they could have won it all "HAD THEY GOT OUT OF THE FIRST GAME"....They were playing the best towards the end of the season, they played Clarksville tougher than anyone else had all year and had the last shot to win the game. They were the only team to really hand it to Henry Co, and well Dickson's style of play just didnt faze them as much as it did other teams in the city.

But thats how it is, you can go around sayin what should or coulda happen but the thing about it is the bball team from NW will have to prove they're for real like the NW Football team did this year. By the way, when Devon Bracy become inelgible???