PF BJ Vujicic

C Ken Jackson

Reserves:

PG Andrew Porter, Tyler Porter

SG BJ Callins, Rusty Darby

SF Matthew Gearin, Brock Porter

PF Brandon Jones

C Adam Vaughan, Jonathan McAdams

Some others that are close to being on this team: James Jones, Jeremy Smith, Richie McHaney, Donnie Cantrell, Michael McAlister, Clint Blackburn.

• 1 month later...

In 97 they had the MacFarland kid who could shoot the lights out. Dee Brown was as good of Point Guard as you can get, and they had another two other guys who played wing who were solid. And the year they won it they had Craig Dame who was solid, the short porky kid who could guard anybody, BJ something who could shoot. The point is until Trey got in his junior and senior years, they were solid all the way through.

i have to think awhile to come up with a lineup of players from halls.courtney smith migfht have been one of our best assist and scoring guards to go along with kingsley brown his junior year.im not forgeting about dane strayhorn this year probably does a good job of driving to the baket and shooting three point shots as well.vincent dewalt was a taller player who later developed his game hisjunior and senior seasons.these players are based upon the last two or three years.in 1985,there was a player named alphonso abernathy who was a terrific passer and leaper at 5"9.i remember a game against bradford when halls was shooting free throws and there was a missed shot at the back of the rim and abernathy jumped and caught the ball in one motion with his right hand and windmilled a dunk.i dont think i ebver saw anyone at that height of 5"9 to do that type of dunk.ok,im getting off track here about the topic here.maybe after i think awhile i might be able to coe up with some other names.

ifiruledtheworld,

Not to disrespect Jeremy Vuj. but Tyler Porter ran his team a lot better than Vuj. I never played against Tyler, but he seemed to have more court sense that Jeremy. I know Greenfield is missing a longtime coach but their struggles so far this year are because of an inexperienced PG. Again, not to disrespect anyone because the younger Blackburn kid is a good player; he just isn't Tyler YET.

I struggled with who to put in the starting spot there between Jeremy and Tyler, but in the end I went with Jeremy because he was more of a threat to score. While neither of them was a real prolific scorer, Jeremy did look a little more for opportunities to drive and score. Also, I don't think there has been as great a passer to have played for Greenfield in a long time. He could really thread the needle. Jeremy was tough as well. He never backed down from anyone or any situation (not that Tyler did either). As far as court sense, I think Jeremy was asked to do a little more than Tyler in regards to running the offense, which led to a few more turnovers. The two teams that each of them ran were quite different. Another factor was the fact that Jeremy played a significant role on his team for a longer time than Tyler did.

But I agree, Tyler was a special player because he never quit. He was the hardest worker on the court every game. If a ball was loose, he was on the floor, no matter where it was. And he was lightening fast. I wonder how much he could have scored if he'd have looked to score like he did at the state tourney last year. But, that wasn't what the offense called for I guess. But, as I said, it was a tough decision. Tyler probably played better defense than Jeremy and was a step faster, but Jeremy could really distribute the ball and could score more. They were real close though.

And I'd actually probably replace Andrew Porter as a reserve PG, with Donnie Cantrell. And as much as Clint Blackburn has improved, it would be hard to leave him off of this team.

How about putting together a SF team? You'd probably know as well as anyone.

Here is my all SF team:

Starting Lineup

PG - Date Yates (3rd on school scoring list)

SG - Josh McFarland (2nd on school scoring list)

SF - Trey Pearson (1st on school scoring list)

PF - Anthony Hutch (played in early 90s, plays football in AFL)

C - Timmy Britt (played pro ball overseas, currently coaches Westview)

This is a very flexible lineup. Yates, McFarland, and Pearson could play any of 1,2,or 3 spots. Pearson and Britt could play any position on the floor (maybe not PG for Britt). Hutch was primarily a post player but a dominating one (6'3'' 250lbs).

As far as reserves go, I think anyone that has started on any team over the past 10-15 years could be on this list. SF has always had excellent role players that stuck to their roles and didn't try to do too much. But to name a few: S. Frisbee, M. Lynch, C. Dame, J. McFarland, B. James, B. Walker, Barclays, Taylors, C. Scott, T. Vowell, G. Britton, M. Waycaster, D. Brown, S. Alexander, R. Williams. The list could go on and on.

This is just my opinion, please put in your input.