4TH AND ONE WHAT PLAY DO YOU RUN. CLOUDLAND

bubba68

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see the game but it sounds like coach might have outsmarted himself. If you are a power football team, which I understand Cloudland is, you have to go with power when you need one yard. However, it is easy to know which play to run after it is over. Cloudland has had a lot of success and I'm sure they will learn from this defeat. Good luck to CAK in the playoffs.

I have to agree with Krp. The parents of this community need to quit turning our players into momma's boys. What Cloudland's football team needs is a mandatory Work out schedule. Every team that has won the state title worked their butts off to get there. I want to challenge our future Landers to step up to the plate and make the committment. You have your whole life to meet girls, go dancing, hunting, and fishing. Make this once in a lifetime committment. You will never hear me crying about the privates. They kicked our butts and we deserved it.

I have to agree with Krp. The parents of this community need to quit turning our players into momma's boys. What Cloudland's football team needs is a mandatory Work out schedule. Every team that has won the state title worked their butts off to get there. I want to challenge our future Landers to step up to the plate and make the committment. You have your whole life to meet girls, go dancing, hunting, and fishing. Make this once in a lifetime committment. You will never hear me crying about the privates. They kicked our butts and we deserved it.

Boyd Buchannon works even harder than SP if that's possible. That's how they went from 0-10 to the top of the rankings. Sweat!

With all those all-state linemen and all-state Benfield you should be able to get a forst down, right?

Hey, King.

Which ones were all state? Christman at tight end made it last year as a linebacker; are there others I don't know about?

You remember Jamal Lewis and Tee Martin the season after the the National Champion Vols, don't you? A top five team at the time. Against Florida it seems they tried Sweep Left - to the current single game NFL record holder -twice. Didn't make it either time. Just goes to show you. This is a marvelous game; and one call in a season does not make a football team...or coach.

I was really looking forward to covering the Highlanders; and in spite of all the criticism, most of it unjust, this is a great football team. They just came up a little short.

CAK is certainly to be congratulated. We had to play their region mates at Midway Friday night. Their offense is very impressive. Good Luck to the remaining teams.

Hey, King. 

Which ones were all state?  Christman at tight end made it last year as a linebacker; are there others I don't know about?

You remember Jamal Lewis and Tee Martin the season after the the National Champion Vols, don't you?  A top five team at the time.  Against Florida it seems they tried Sweep Left - to the current single game NFL record holder -twice.  Didn't make it either time.  Just goes to show you.  This is a marvelous game; and one call in a season does not make a football team...or coach.

I was really looking forward to covering the Highlanders; and in spite of all the criticism, most of it unjust, this is a great football team.  They just came up a little short.

CAK is certainly to be congratulated.  We had to play their region mates at Midway Friday night.  Their offense is very impressive.  Good Luck to the remaining teams.

All I remeber is Spencer Riley puking on the ball from playing center with a broken hand. Didn't give it to the Cheese. I was at the TN-Arkansas game that year to. That was another one where it is easy to second guess. The Hogs wanted it badly and TN over looked them.

CAK wanted it bad and Cloudland over looked them to some degree at least. That is the part of the game that has to be taught constantly to teenagers or that sort of thing will happen to you. It is a lesson hard learned.

Edited by rlh

Well, I think I just got back from Mars.

Tennessee beats Miami...nearly shuts them out.

CAK beats Cloudland; and according to Coach Lunsford they actually stopped them three times on fourth down.

You're talking about a play, but you don't say what the call was. It's hard to understand the question without knowing what the play was.

I DO KNOW WHAT THE PLAY WAS IT WAS A SWEEP TO THE RIGHT SIDE AND I'AM NOT SAYING 1 PLAY WAS THE WHOLE GAME IF YOU CAN'T GET 1 YARD YOU DON'T DESIRE TO WIN. ALL I SAID IF HE HAD IT TO DO AGAIN HE WOULDN'T HAVE CALLED A SWEEP HE WOULD HAVE WENT UP THE GUT AND THE GAME WOULD HAVE OVER.