Chester Co. makes school history

formerQB

I have met Coach Cupples. He is a very driven man. He accepts nothing but the best from himslef, his staff, and players. I enjoyed talking with and could feel his passion for the game and his team. he is an outstanding coach. Huntingdon had better not go into this game with their head up their rear ends or else they won't be able to take another beating from Milan in the Semifinals.

My congrats to coach cupples. I like to see young coaches do well. Now in reply to your remarks about my carroll county counterpart. You obviously were not at the game against Huntingdon and Milan or you would know that it was in no way a beating and i'll leave it at that. Coach Morris would tell you the same, I promise. I also heard Morris say something else I liked on 96.5. "you can tell what a program thinks of itself by who they play outside their region." Now with that said, who does chester county play outside their region, maybe Milan? No they don't. :angry:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok in years past we have played better teams in bigger classifications. coach cupples may have made out the schedule trying to "build a program." you have to start somewhere dont you? and the teams he scheduled werent terrible teams either. we picked up fayette academy, bruceton(a powerhouse in years past, who knew they were goin to be down this year). you can say that we are weak and wont beat the powerhouse huntingdon but the eagles will play their best and WILL not stop until the final buzzer. thats one thing about our program we have never given up in a game no matter what the score. hey if theres a will theres a way.

Congrats to CC. I'm not trying to take anything from them but I don't think they can keep up with Huntingdon's speed for 4 quarters. Huntingdon is a much better football team then when they played CC the first time, and in the 4th quarter CC is gonna be tired of playin chase all night long.

Huntingdon-35

CC-14 (that will be made of the kicking game of turnovers)

good luck to both teams, and so much for that soft schedule, huh Garo.

I still think they schedule is soft...I dont think it was thier fault thier schedule was soft. Other than Dyer Co. and Gibson Co., the other teams are usually respectable and in the playoffs. Assitant Coach Bo Bates told me before the season they had problems filling thier schedule.

During the season, while supporting CC, I questioned both the coaching schemes and how legit they actually were, due to a down schedule. Both questions have been answered without a doubt by thumping Fairview.

Correct me if Im wrong, and Im wrong alot, but is CC not using both the I and Wing-T? Almost, a Wing-I?

The first CC/H-don game was a good one. Now that both teams are improved, should be a classic. I think a more heads up running attack will prove to be alot better for CC than the misdirection of the Wing-T this time.

Turbo, Turbo, Turbo... I usually like your posts, but that veiled slam on CC's schedule was a little off the mark. Sure, it would be great if we scheduled the Milans and Westviews (in most years) of west TN... but as donvito said, when you're trying to build a program, you've got to schedule winable games. Winning breeds confidence breeds more winning. I can promise you, as this program becomes more successful, tougher non-region games will be scheduled. But let's face it... our program is nowhere near the same level as a Huntingdon. It makes sense for H'don to schedule tougher non-region games considering where their program is. In time, it will be the same for CC.

This is not intended as a slam on anyone but just some honest impressions of scheduling. When the regions were divided as they are now (but prior to CC joining 6AA), 6 AA was weak. After Huntingdon, no one else was playing winning football. All of Huntingdons big games were against traditional foes that we had been playing for years. The Milans, Westviews, Union Citys and Brucetons were all winning programs and to be honest, beat us more than we won. But it made our region games seem like a breather. Since then, the region has gotten stronger and our non conference schedule- this year anyway- got a little weaker. What does this mean? To me it makes sense to schedule some region games against teams you expect to beat and balance it out with a couple of tough ones. It doesn't make much sense for CC to schedule a bunch of Milans of the world when they were having trouble winning region games. As the program grows, and I believe it will under Coach Cupples, then adding a tougher non region game here and there makes more sense. It helps when you have natural rivals like we have with MIlan and Bruceton who are traditionally very good and also bring in huge gates. JMO

Turbo, Turbo, Turbo... I usually like your posts, but that veiled slam on CC's schedule was a little off the mark. Sure, it would be great if we scheduled the Milans and Westviews (in most years) of west TN... but as donvito said, when you're trying to build a program, you've got to schedule winable games. Winning breeds confidence breeds more winning. I can promise you, as this program becomes more successful, tougher non-region games will be scheduled. But let's face it... our program is nowhere near the same level as a Huntingdon. It makes sense for H'don to schedule tougher non-region games considering where their program is. In time, it will be the same for CC.

sorry for the slam, but you have to admit the guy who posted that about a beating from milan deserved it. I'm not from Huntingdon so I really have just kinda thrown in with them because its carroll county football. Lets just hope its a good game. good luck to both

I wouldnt say that the milan/huntingdon game was a beating either. I just think Milan is better at the skill positions opposed to the mustangs. rod smith is a beast.

Yes, I would concur that milan was better at a couple of positions and smith is a beast. Huntingdons def. really impressed me with their physical style. Huntingdons offense now with donald at fb and running a little wingt with the I looks very very dangerous. I will be very upset if both you guys don't get to the semi's so I can see a rematch. I'll have to get there at 4 o'clock to get a seat this time. ;)