CAK 31 Cloudland 30

Fballman685

I'm very disappointed with our fan support.

I hope we can all learn a lesson from this. We have to take one game at a time. CAK showed a lot of heart. They wanted it more than we did and their fans rallied around their team. I was disappointed in our line because they just laid down in the fourth quarter. That was the first time I've seen Cloudland lose because the other team had more heart. I love coach Lunsford, but He has lost his fire. He showed absolutely no emotion the entire game. It was so different than 2001 when everyone had the fire in our eyes. As for myself, I've payed dearly for my arrogance. It really hurts to lose. The Landers were stripped of all their pride. Krp, you were right about Cak being a private thorn in our side, but last night they were a knife in the heart. Pennyplay, you would have won some money ;) I guess I'll have to pull for South Pitt now. I hope we lander fans can appreciate our run the last 4 years and realize the shoe will be on the other foot for awhile, because every real winner knows how to handle losing. Mark Byrd has been phenomenal. I will really miss him wearing a lander jersey. I feel this is also Coach Lunsfords last game as coach of the highlanders. A good run has come to an end. State titles don't just fall into your lap. You have to put the hard work in the offseason, and Cloudland just never steps up to the plate.

Flossie, or Turboman, or whoever you are, just who do you think you are??? Did you ever play football for this team? Where did you ever come up with your self appointed expertise to come on here and babble like you do?

You were instrumental in firing people up from other teams thinking we are full of ourselves! Your posts are pompous, arrogant, and now you have been hugely responsible for the rap this town has been taking.

I have never heard louder fan support than I heard last night, how dare you post here that you are disappointed in the fan support!

And another thing. How dare you state that the line just laid down in the fourth quarter!!!!!!!!!!

Then you go on to talk about the coach and his lack of emotion during the game. What did you expect him to do, cry?????????

I have been a member of this forum for a long, long time, and I think people on here ought to know that most people from Roan Mountain and not mouthpieces like you.

I would appreciate it very much if you would quit referring to "we" when you are speaking for yourself.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a heck of a game. I can't remember the last time Region 2 swept Region 1. I'm not going to say anything like i told you so, but CAK is a dang good team, and everyone downed me for it, but it happens. Cloudland isn't bad themselves, and I don't think they are overrated, just overlooked, that's all. Maybe I'm wrong, this might have been the best game CAK has ever played and that is possible too. It's sad that Byrd ended his last game in the 1st round, but that also happens. Sounds like a good game overall.

I definately agree with the fan support, I have never dreamed of fans being that loud at a highschool football game, but I think the people on our sidelines ridiculing us and making fun of us only made us play harder.

Couldn't agree more, Cloudland has the best fans I have ever witnessed, but also the worst. They were by far the loudest, but went too far. Picking out names and numbers of certain players and yelling at them the entire game may cause some to loose focus, but the rest just play that much harder.

Edited by BUBBA61

Maynerdette, how dare you disrespect me when you know nothing about the game of football. Just stick to washing your dishes and stay off here! I've been a part of Cloudland football for years. I started playing for coach Mike in only his second year as coach. I know everything that has went on for the last 14 years. Coach Winters is like a brother to me and Mike gave me alot of opportunities. I remember when he was the fireyiest coach in the area. I've been on the recieveing end of his chewings long before your little boy became a lander. I am cocky so get over it. I love the landers and everything about this community and I am proud of what my future brother in law has accomplished. I was only telling the truth in my other posts and the truth always hurts. Maynerdette, get a life! :angry:

Flossie,

You are going too far. Please settle down. We have no right to get on here and critisize anyone. We are connected to the program as fans only. The real work was done by the coaches and team, not us. Our boys deserve encouragement and so do our fans. Lunsford knows more about football than we ever will and is still a human being that does not deserve criticism from us, the people that weren't really in the trenches. Also, right now, Maynardette's boy is more deserving of being called a Highlander than you or I. He is playing now, we are not.

Stating that the line laid down was low. Also, when you say Cloudland never steps up to the plate, you are refering to all of us. I resent it and it is not true.

Mr. Caraway, I'll have you know that I was in the weight room with most of these boys all summer. They just showed up. Heck, I'm a hasbeen and I worked out harder. I just wish our boys could have an ambition toward a state title instead of couch potato football. WE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO COMPETE UNTIL WE PUT IN THE PROPER CONDITIONING IN THE OFFSEASON AND DURING THE SEASON! I offered to help in the conditioning department, but Coach Lunsford told me in his own words "no way, they wouldn't be back tommorrow"! Now RBC, I've always respected you and I would like to keep it that way ;) I've got some film that I would like to show you sometime. It was the 1994 Cloudland vs. Unaka game. With 3 min left, we were down 10-0 and came back to win 12-10. I've never laid down for anybody and never will and I would've give anything if our line had not given up this year. You would be surprised if you knew who else felt that way! As for Toby King, he is a good kid and has overcome his small size to be a tremendous player.

Mr. Caraway, I'll have you know that I was in the weight room with most of these boys all summer. They just showed up. Heck, I'm a hasbeen and I worked out harder. I just wish our boys could have an ambition toward a state title instead of couch potato football. WE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO COMPETE UNTIL WE PUT IN THE PROPER CONDITIONING IN THE OFFSEASON AND DURING THE SEASON! I offered to help in the conditioning department, but Coach Lunsford told me in his own words "no way, they wouldn't be back tommorrow"! Now RBC, I've always respected you and I would like to keep it that way ;) I've got some film that I would like to show you sometime. It was the 1994 Cloudland vs. Unaka game. With 3 min left, we were down 10-0 and came back to win 12-10. I've never laid down for anybody and never will and I would've give anything if our line had not given up this year. You would be surprised if you knew who else felt that way! As for Toby King, he is a good kid and has overcome his small size to be a tremendous player.

You don't show at SP you don't play, no exceptions. They lift or practice every day it's legal to, year round. You miss, you're off the team