3 Tennessee guys Big 12 starters...

legman

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Luke---------- you might want to make that 5 additional words: Phillip Simpson and Patrick Simpson. Here are the results of the Army Black/Gold Intrasquad match on November 8, 2003 as posted on TheMat.com.

Army Black/Gold Intrasquad

11/8/2003

West Point, N.Y.

Black 20

Gold 18

Results By Weight

125 - Frank Baughan (B) dec. Andy Henry (G), 8-4

133 - Bernard Gardner (B) dec. Tony Severo (G), 3-2

141 - Patrick Simpson (G) dec. Rush Williams (B), 6-5

149 - Paul Stansbury (G) dec. Anthony Dunkin (B), 6-5

157 - Phillip Simpson (G) dec. Phil Eggleston (B), 16-2

165 - Kurt Pryor (B) pinned Brent Smith (G), 3:41

174 - Gabriel Lucero (B) dec. Ron Schroeder (G), 7-5

184 - Luke Calvert (B) dec. Tye Reedy (G), 18-5

197 - Joe Forsman (G) dec. Todd Wisman (B), 8-0

285 - James Hollis (G) dec. Bo Reynolds (B), 3-1

What are the possibilities that Army, Nebraska and Oklahoma St. meeting this year somewhere? The reason I ask is there is the possibility that we could have a couple of TN guys wrestling each other. 141 Matt Keller/NU vs Patrick Simpson/Army...and at 157 Kevin Ward/OSU vs. Phillip Simpson/Army. I think Nebraska and Army will be at the Va. Duals but I'm not sure. I don't know if OSU and Army will be together anywhere though. Maybe there are some Open tourney's they'll be at. Could be interesting. If anyone knows please post.

Nathan Moorman, 184, two time state placer from Halls is a 5th year senior and captain at Carson-Newman. He is a national qualifier, and has been working in Oklahoma over the summer. Cody Humphrey of Halls who won state at 140, is starting 149 pounder. He went 2-2 at VMI, and 4-0 at Cumberland tournament. Other TN wrestlers are Drew Woodward, Stephen Mckinney, Tim Freel. I also saw Creagan wrestle at Duke, and he looked real good his first match, and struggled a little at the end of the day, but he will challenge for a starting position soon.

Side note: 2 time national champion 133 pounder johnny thompson at OSU was pinned in the wrestle off by a freshman. Amazing.

I am very proud of these guys from Tennessee wrestling in big time programs. It can only make the state of Tennessee look that much better. Rusty has been waiting on this moment for a while. Matt on the other hand should have been starting a long time ago. Nathan Jones and Josh Bonham are both wrestling collegiately. Nathan Jones is at Carson-Newman while Josh Bonham is at Cumberland College.

Edited by Xander Zone