Cyclone Football: Needs New Leadership

frankfargo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope and pray Tommy Jenkins is going to be OK. He has always been nice to me and I know he was a good defensive backs coach as an assistant. I do not want him to die or suffer through an illness. EHS needs a new coach and some new assistants and that is the bottom line. For the Professor and cyclone22 how is this. Hambrick starts whirling his fist in the air ( a pitch to the tailback), he looks like he is punching someone in the stomach ( fullback dive), Starts punching real fast in the stomach ( QB sneak), pats the top of his head (fly pattern to WR) and if he rubs his hands together ( TE straight up the field). No, I am not a coach but that are their signals I have picked up watching them, so I must know a little something. Please someone teach the holder on kicks how to get the laces facing the right way. The laces are wrong 90% of the time and that is why a lot of kicks are missed. I think that might be coaching.

jab,

Thats pretty good you only missed 3 signals and after speaking to the kickers the holder seems to be doing a good job. they freely admit they just missed them. But what do when both kickers are missing?

After pondering this thread last night, it occured to me that you, frankfargo, and hometeam need to get together and let coach alderson know of your wishes. YOu and the others keep talking about the removal of coaches, let someone know. It is not the school boards responsibility, it is the administration of the school. Why dont you and the others post your real names on this board and which coaches you would like to see removed. It seems easy to complain behind the curtain of this message thread, STAND UP AND BE HEARD.

And one last thought, I do not play for elizabethton. If you knew anything at all you would have realized that the Number 22 is retired. Pansock

The problem is over the administration's head already. The school board is addressing the problem. Even they realize what needs to be done. Did your Dad write your last post for you? It was more, well, it was more adult sounding. We do care about Cyclone sports and that is why we are complaining. Not a knock on you guys, but new leadership is needed. Might as well admit it. :)

Sure I missed them that is why we call the play in the stands when they do the signals. About the laces watch the tapes and you will see which way they are turned. EHS has their yes men in place and that is why they are bad in every sport. Winning the worst conference in the state is not saying much. When November rolls around that is when you make a case you are good. Losing to East and Happy Valley is inexcusable. About the coaches that need to be gone I will not say their names but read my posts and you can figure them out since you do not play but know so much about them.

After reading all these post for the last few days, I was hoping not to get involved. I can't believe the things that are being said on here about the coaching staff at EHS. I know that there is probably about a thousand coaches in the stands on each Friday night but the ones on the field seem to be the ones that are qualified. If your qualified to coach then go to Watauga Ave. to the top of the hill and get an application, they take them every day. Everyone wants to jump on the coaches for the season this year, by the way they were champions, we seem to forget that. Lets talk about the fan support. If you have been a lifetime cyclone supporter like you all talk then when was the last time you saw the stands so empty as they were this year? It's easy to pull for a winner but when time aren't as good everyone wants to jump off the wagon and start pointing fingers. The fans now want to get on here and not support the coaching staff after they haven't support the entire TEAM the whole year. It seems fairly obvious to me that their is a few daddys out there that didnt like the year there sons had so lets blame the coaches. And what about the great coaching in the younger level (not TAD but younger) if its as good as your saying then the coaching at the higher levels should be easy because you've already taught them everything. Lets all try to give our support to both the players and coaching staff at EHS because its all about that cyclone pride, and if you've every worn the orange and black then you know what I'm talking about.

I'd say the heat has been turned up for a couple of years. Are we going to resign ourselves to accepting 6-5 years? I think not. And that's years... it's not just this year neighbor. :huh: I also think it is as important to have a jv team as well as flag, peewee, etc. A complete feeder system and it all starts at the top. Like I said before, We, the People, want the true CYCLONES back, but thanks for the comments comewitit, they are insightful.

I can't believe I am actually dignifying this topic with a response but here goes. I read this board during lunch and this site made me sick, it sounds to me like a bunch who can't come to grip that the talent pool is not as good as it has been in the past it happens to everyone. It just hurts more when you are used to winning. To attack these coaches is absurd most of these guys I have known on a personal as well as professional level for 20 years or more. these are the same guys for the most part that stood beside of coach rider during the great years. as far as i know their duties are primarily the same. I will not name each assistant or the head coach in this post but I can say that If I had a child I would have no problem having these men teach my child about life and football Get off these mens backs and let them do their jobs it is a hard enough job with everyones support but all this internal fighting will destroy your program quicker than anything else. It is real easy to get on a computer behind a screen name and blast men who spend more time with your children than you do. My advice to all you coaches and you guys all know who I am talking to keep up the hard work because it is all for the kids. Tell coach jenkins that he is on our minds. Ignore all this crap but if the idiots on here succeed in getting what they want look in the mirror and know you did your best. Lord knows you always have that large suppliment..........ha ha ha

Most of the same coaches, Acie, but the duties are not adhered to as in the Rider era. Things are different and they are not held accountable as they were before. But thanks for the kind words, I am a fan of yours, but since you don't know what has been going on, your post is useless.