Top Players in Knoxville surrounding

gomab2

I'll be honest, I haven't been a huge fan of Tony's game. I saw a 5'7 ball-hog 2G who shot every time he touched it. For that reason, he will put up gigantic numbers, but I am just not a huge fan. He is not near the player of, say, Zach Gulmire, who is a Top 5 Knox-area guard in my opinion... But I will watch for astronomical point production from Fox throughout the year...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stone25

Thanks for the info. Sorry, didn't mean to sound noisy.

I don't like Catholic so it really pains me to put Fox in my top 5. But its true, no matter how obnoxinous he is on the court. I think he's a great player because he makes the guys around him better. That's the true mark of a great player. Can that be said about other "great" players?

let me start off by saying to Dalton I'm glad you think Tony is a good player because as it seems you have done is just faced the facts. He might have a mouth on him at times but thats attitude. Every team has atleast one player with it and, although we have more than one Tony is def. a leader in that part and in just playing the game. I agree with every word Stones 25 has said in this thread and in others. For Stones 25 has a good head on his sholders. maybe some of you should take notes on this kid. and Dalton one more thing. No one cares if you dont like Catholic, keep that stuff to yourself. ######

I dont know but maybe you all have not been watching Alcoa play basketball lately. In the last three scrimmages against sullivan central, volunteer, and Halls three tornadoes have really stood out in thier play. These players are Derrell Dean, Kurt Toro, and Nick Pasqua. They have played solid ball and excellent defense. These last scrimmages they have beaten every team by atleast 20 pts. Give these boys some honors. They are great ball players.

Dean made the list. Pasqua and Toro have a long way to go before you put them in the list that Gomab2 posted.

Gomab2 (or anyone) ... where did the Kite kid--who played at South Doyle-- wind up? He impressed me more last year than Logan Johnson. I believe he was just a freshman.

Mentioning Aaron Eakins from William Blount was well deserved. He's one of the best pure shooters in E. Tennessee, but he has a lot more game than just his shooting ability.

and Dalton one more thing.  No one cares if you dont like Catholic, keep that stuff to yourself. ######

You're right. I shouldn't have said that. My bad. My point was even though I'm not a Catholic fan I still think Fox can play. And Tony, as long as you back it up with great play I guess the attitude O.K.

Edited by Dalton91

I agree with sspaulding, Brett Conner is a very solid player. He should have a great year if someone else on his team does not hog the ball! :lol:

TnBreakers...... It's not Tony's fault he gets the ball alot. He's a good player and makes things happen everytime he gets the ball... Brett is a great basketball player, and will have a great season. Look at the stats here, even with Tony "ballhog", Brett was leading scorer. So think what you want but you need to realize the reality first.

Geez, most of those players played with the Breakers the summer- no wonder they were good huh?

Id like to see Foesner ranked a little behind Tyler or Tevah until he proves he can lead his team. He can score with anyone in the state, but he doesnt do all the things to make his team better. Hes just a jr though and getting better every game for sure. And Tyler and Tevah are the only ones on the list that can take over a game and say give me the ball Im going to score and win.

Alberts probably the best player inch for inch on the list. If he will quit running touchdowns and get on the court he will be doing basically the same thing as in football. Scoring and winning. Thats all he does and loves. Elliot Bishop evidently isnt going to be playing this yr for AE- I guess hes on the best players not playing list. Isnt Sherrod Scott on that list too? Hes not playing is he?

No one has mentioned Jonathan Jones yet so I will- I have been looking to see how hes been doing but havent heard much. Remember this kids name cause hes going to be fun to watch if you like watching Jermaine Oneal play. Hes very similar in style, just not 6-9 unfortunately. But he will be bring Sequatchie from their losing season last year and get them more wins than they probably deserve and maybe make the news sometime down the road in the playoffs cause in Madisonville, you dont get much pub.

Landon Thomas is Reggie Miller junior. Has great range ability to go along with an attitude. Hes a great kid that hates to lose. Just sometimes doesnt know when to not express his emotions and feelings. He will give gulmire someone to dish to when hes penetrating.

i dont know why no one puts mykail vibbert in anyones top ten in my opinion he is the best player around here. he is 6'4 and strong as can be. last night he put up 32 against heritage and did not play his best game. in all of our scrimmages he has scored more then 25. he is also shooting around 60% from the field. he and gulmire should push for player of the year in district 3aaa. as for fersner there is no comparison between him and vibbert or gulmire.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Vibbert's game a lot, but to say that Fersner does not compare to him or Gulmire is wrong. Fersner can flat out score, and he is a better shooter than Vibbert. He is not as physical as Vibbert, but he's not a sissy either, he will bang with you. Gulmire has endangered his prospects of playing at the D1 level by not lifting weights and getting bigger. I love his attitude, ability, and demeanor though. He is a very very good player. Fersner will play Division 1 ball if he keeps working hard. He is athletic, strong, and has that type of game.

For all you freshman, sophomore and junior guards out there that have hopes of making it to the next level, GET IN THE WEIGHT ROOM BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!! As a former college player, that is the best advice I can give you. I can not overstate how important that is.