Region 2-A MVP Watch

kingbrian3

With one round of the playoffs under our belt, here is my Region 2-A MVP watch (teams not in the playoffs not considered).

(1) Mark Cunningham—he is putting up huge numbers in a dream season for CAK.

(2) Taylor Yoakley—he is the playmaker on both sides of the ball for the Warriors

(3) Trae Helton—fills the playmaker role for the Cherokees.

(4) Zach Smith—doesn't get the attention the other QB's in the region have gotten, but he wins games with his arm and his legs and he also makes plays in the secondary and is the kicker for the Indians.

(5) Midway offensive line—they have opened holes all season long for a stable of backs to pile up loads of yards this season.

(6) Austin James—hasn't put up the big numbers he did last season but he runs the most-balanced offense in the region effectively.

(7) Greg Way—the most explosive back left in the region.

(8) James Klein—who would have thought this kid would be putting up the rushing numbers he has so far this season.

(9) David Grigsby—has stepped up big every week at receiver for Oneida: not bad for a guy that never played football until this season.

(10) Packy Woods—the defensive leader on the best defensive team in the region.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cunningham has to be in the lead from my point of view too. Any QB that goes to Cloudland and puts up those #s has my vote. He is a winner and has proven that over the last couple of weeks. I heard they was down 30-10. Against Cloudland with their running game most teams throw in the towel. I have to hand it to CaKs coaching Staff which is 1 of the best in the state.

Well I think we all know that these two are the best-throwing quarterbacks in the region. James put up good nubers last year and probably could have this year if needed. Smtih is probably the best running quarterback, he has stepped up into the leader role for this Indians team. Cunningham can throw the ball, so can Lowe. Both are heck of quarterbacks, no doubt about it, but I think James could have put up the same throwing numbers as both of them if the 'Kees needed him to. All four of these guys mentioned should get a shot for Best QB no doubt.

mvp, is for the best all around player. if you consider that the, two players that do the most fo their teams are trae helton, and zach smith, they both do it all, and make plays everywhere including special teams. cunningham is very good, but plays one way, and when you throw the ball nearly 40 times a game you should have good numbers.

Mark Cunningham has to be the Region MVP. I mean without him, CAK isn't even in the top 6 of the Region. They would have finished behind Greenback, Midway, Coalfield, Onieda, Sunbright, and Oakdale. There would have been no last second "magic" against Coalfield, Cloudland, or Midway, or even a last ditch attempt to pull out a victory against Oneida--those 2 missed PATs are the only reason why CAK hasn't rallied for 4 straight 1pt victories. To me, that says alot about a player!!

Cunningham is a play maker, if his first receiver isnt open he calmly moves to his second. he has made big plays throwing on the run, which isnt easy to do. He played defense in the Cloudland game and had atleast 1 if not 2 game saving tackles. He probably should be playing defense but im sure they dont want to risk injury.