class 2A state finals

RamTrain1987

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've see a lot of people not liking Milan very much. However, I have been in the highschool football "arena" much longer than any of you other lot have been alive.  I have been involved in coaching for over 40 years.  I know my "stuff".  I know a championship callibur team when I see one.  I've coached a few of them myself.  And in my professional opinion, Milan has the best to offer from west tennesse, and in the state.  Milan is in the situation where, when you see them before the game, or in practice, you can see it in their eyes. You can see the Hunger and the desire. Milan is extremly physical, and extremly talanted in both the running and passing game.  And they are extremly physical on defense.  Yes they have a tough road ahead, but that would be a good challenge for the Finials.  Don't count them out yet.  And don't count them to go down and out so easily.  Their coaches have playoff and championship experince. They players have tough game experince.  I predict the Finals will be Milan againts either Lipscomb/Tyner. Win or lose, (I say win) the score won't be more than a 7 pt difference.

I say if Huntingdon plays Milan in the Semis... I just have to go with Huntingdon, they're much improved on each side of the ball since week 7, especially defense. Defense will win for Huntingdon. Prediction if they do meet: Huntingdon 21 Milan 14 in a nail biter.

I'll have to agree with Bulldawg#2 everybody has had time to improve since week 7 you can't just say one team has improved and everybody else is the same thats why the season is as long as it is for improvement of teams it teaches team to learn how to play as a team and so you can't just say one team is doing that........

Well with all this talk about West Tennessee teams, I think one team has been lost in all this discusion. The defending champions are still in the playoffs, and I really don't see anyone stopping them. Having see them play, they are just as good if not better than last year. Lipscomb could easily win 3A. Lipscomb is fast, strong, and have an excellant coaching staff. The West Tennessee teams really don't stand a chance. Everyone saw how they manhandle Mitchell last year. I see the same thing happening with whoever they face.

Well with all this talk about West Tennessee teams, I think one team has been lost in all this discusion. The defending champions are still in the playoffs, and I really don't see anyone stopping them. Having see them play, they are just as good if not better than last year. Lipscomb could easily win 3A. Lipscomb is fast, strong, and have an excellant coaching staff. The West Tennessee teams really don't stand a chance. Everyone saw how they manhandle Mitchell last year. I see the same thing happening with whoever they face.

One could also argue that Milan is 2-1 against DL and 3A is easier than 2A.

I say if Huntingdon plays Milan in the Semis... I just have to go with Huntingdon, they're much improved on each side of the ball since week 7, especially defense. Defense will win for Huntingdon. Prediction if they do meet: Huntingdon 21 Milan 14 in a nail biter.

I hope there is a rematch. There will be 8,000 at Paul Ward for that game. Let hope both teams win tonight.

If i'm not mistaken, McAdams is at Lipscomb. He learned to coach under John Tucker. There isn't going to be anything to fancy about them.

Fancy is not Lipscomb's game. However they have put up an average of 40+ points a game. The defense is very solid against the run & the pass. Lipscombs DB's will lay the smack down. Th elinebackers are quick to the ball & are not afraid to destroy running backs. Just ask Tyners running backs & Qb. Th eefensive line is not huge but are very aggressive & disciplined. No need to be fancy. We are glad to have Coach McCadams on our sidelines.

Fancy is not Lipscomb's game. However they have put up an average of 40+ points a game. The defense is very solid against the run & the pass. Lipscombs DB's will lay the smack down. Th elinebackers are quick to the ball & are not afraid to destroy running backs. Just ask Tyners running backs & Qb. Th eefensive line is not huge but are very aggressive & disciplined. No need to be fancy. We are glad to have Coach McCadams on our sidelines.

Twitty, sounds like Milan and Lipscomb are a lot alike in all phases of the game. I hope they get to play each other. Should be a good one.