McMinn Central

hobbit87

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker Valley will be the team to beat in that division. Those two teams will be strongest in district and region. Central girls future will depend upon the progress made by Armstrong and a couple of girls off of the bench to give the top 3 girls (division 1 signees) some needed breathers. If the young ones come on, Central's impressive run will continue for at least one more year.

blackandgold,

I did not see very much of the Cleveland game but McMinn jumped on them early and got a huge lead. Fallon Lee played extremely well and other McMinn players shot well from the perimeter. I think they beat Cleveland by around 10 but don't hold me to that.

As for the Powell game, Powell led most of the game but McMinn slowly closed the gap with perimeter shooting. They took the lead with about 3 or 4 minutes left and controlled the ball to win by a couple. I don't know the McMinn girls but they are really outstanding from the perimiter.

The other girls from Central are Jennifer Patterson and Honna Housley who are both deadly inside and out. They with Fallon Lee make an awesome perimeter. The Armstrong girl can light it up too and the girl that followed Housley to Central from Calhoun can connect. The other new girl is related to Julie Aderhold so basketball is in her blood! Could be a great year for central.

McMinn Central will be very strong this year, especially from the outside. While they will be starting with 4 guards and only 1 post, and they are very short, they are also extremely quick which will be a big factor. With their speed, they will be hard to defend. They have looked very strong from what I've heard in their past scrimmages. I am looking forward to seeing them against Seymore (spelling???) this next Saturday...I think it will be a great game. But as for Central, I think they will have another good year, and I wish them luck.