Germantown Preseason Standouts

best_of_the_west

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBHS will wrestle this season against tough competition from states close to the west side of TN (e.g. Missouri and Illinois) which should provide the Marables with some tough comp. Given Nick's 1st place finish at the Nationals, whatever CBHS, the MidSouth wrestling club and their father is doing--its working.

Why do they stick around the west? Why don't they go to some big time school that will challenge them?

Thanks bobmarley, way to be supportive of the western third of the state. Your right, we are terrible, I think that we should drop wrestling all together, especially CBHS. Maybe Michael and Nick should go to Blair Academy since they are getting nothing by wrestling here. Gosh, those two guys win all of our duals, thank God that they can wrestle 4 weight classes a piece to assure our success.

Seriously, enough of the West bashing. It amazes me how some people can get on this site and endlessly go on about how great their area is. Really, you are hiding behind a couple of teams that are excellent, that's all. I sure hope that Chattanooga is superior in wrestling, it should be, you have the only big time college team with a big time coach.

Like it or not, the West is improving. CBHS, Collierville, Houston and Bartlett are improving and have coaches that are working hard to get their teams to the next level. Others, here, are doing the same. The DII school have improved a great deal over the last year.

It is better for wrestling and the State of Tennessee if we support each other instead of trying to tear others down.

Chris Lewis

Christian Brothers High School

We might not have the long history or the developed youth programs that can be found out East, but we are trying harder than any area to reach the level of performance found throughout the state. Every year another group of extremely talented kids comes in, and the groups are getting bigger and better every year. The plain fact is that kids start wrestling much later out here, but the coaches (Tom Marable, Walt Holmes, Scott Neyland, Coach Bray, Coach Cattrell and too many others to name) love the sport and love coaching. That fact alone inspires these kids to put in the hard work necessary to advance the programs. We will be beating the teams out East sooner than y'all expect. All I can say is that y'all better make sure you don't slack off, because I can guarantee you that the coaches and kids out West are working as hard as they can to catch up.

275 - John Lyons (So.) - ranked 14th by Wrestling USA (Top Freshman and Sophomores), went to Fargo with Team Tennessee

215 - Ben Campbell (Sr.) - Went to Fargo with Team Tennessee

189 - Justin Saint (Sr.) - 5th in state, DII (189 lbs.)

160 - Jay Simpson (Sr.) - 4th in state DII (160 lbs.)

160 - Nathan Velasco (Sr.) - 5th in state DII (135 lbs.)

112 - Josh Baucke (Fr.) - Schoolboy Regional Cahmpion

145 - Andrew Newman (Sr.)

130 - Josh Riddle (Jr.) two year starter

103 - William Alsobrook (So.) - Freshman City Champion

Are just a few......

We will be okay...I didn't get on here to toot our horn, I just hope we survive....alot of younger guys need to step up. I doubt that we will be the best team around here. Many have improved.

Repeat...I am not boasting on the behalf of CBHS.

275 - John Lyons (So.) - ranked 14th by Wrestling USA (Top Freshman and Sophomores), went to Fargo with Team Tennessee

215 - Ben Campbell (Sr.) - Went to Fargo with Team Tennessee

189 - Justin Saint (Sr.) - 5th in state, DII (189 lbs.)

160 - Jay Simpson (Sr.) - 4th in state DII (160 lbs.)

160 - Nathan Velasco (Sr.) - 5th in state DII (135 lbs.)

112 - Josh Baucke (Fr.) - Schoolboy Regional Cahmpion

145 - Andrew Newman (Sr.)

130 - Josh Riddle (Jr.) two year starter

103 - William Alsobrook (So.) - Freshman City Champion

Are just a few......

We will be okay...I didn't get on here to toot our horn, I just hope we survive....alot of younger guys need to step up. I doubt that we will be the best team around here. Many have improved.

Repeat...I am not boasting on the behalf of CBHS.

Thanks and I think most posters here understand your not boasting, just defending the turf on the west side of the state.