Greenbrier and Macon Co. Your time has arrived!

danwastheman

I would just like to be the first to say congratulations to these two teams. After years of being down and falling just short in many games they have finally come into their own. Making it to the quarterfinals is something to be very proud of. A meeting of these two teams in the state championship game would be a match up to remember. My final word of advise for both teams...FINISH! :D

Dan

Edited by danwastheman

It would be cool for us to get to play this year. I remember When Greenbrier and Macon played each other every year and was usually the only game that either team won all season was vs each other. Who would have thought 5 years ago the White House, Portland, Springfeild, and Livingston would all be sitting home watching the Tigers and Bobcats

NO RESPECT

Edited by MaconCotgr

I would just like to be the first to say congratulations to these two teams. After years of being down and falling just short in many games they have finally come into their own. Making it to the quarterfinals is something to be very proud of. A meeting of these two teams in the state championship game would be a match up to remember. My final word of advise for both teams...FINISH! :D

Dan

Thanks from Greenbrier. We will have our hands full next week against the number one team in the state (3-A) Crockett County. I'm just glad we don't have to travel 3 hours to play. It's nice to be home. We are looking forward to the challenge.

Congratulations to Macon as well. Good luck next week against Smith County.

HOW IS IT THAT GREENBRIER GETS TO HOST THE #1 TEAM IN THE STATE?

NOT SAYING THAT THEY DONT DESERVE TI THOUGH

GO OWLS

MF

Home field advantage is alternated between regions every year. Last year Crockett won region 6 and it was their (6 3-A) year to host. This year was region 5's year to host, so who ever won region 5 would gain home field advantage through out the playoffs. Greenbrier won region 5 3-A, going 6-0, so they get to host this year. Being ranked in any poll other than your region poll doesn't have any effect on who will host.

That's the way it is set up by the TSSAA.

It would be cool for us to get to play this year. I remember When Greenbrier and Macon played each other every year and was usually the only game that either team won all season was vs each other. Who would have thought 5 years ago the White House, Portland, Springfeild, and Livingston would all be sitting home watching the Tigers and Bobcats

NO RESPECT

As a White House fan that has seen both Greenbrier and Macon take it on the chin for a long time now, I am glad to see you guys doing so well.

I have always admired the Macon County fans who stick by their team no matter what. I would love to see either or both clubs make it to the title game. If that happens, I'll root for the Tigers, but best of luck to both of you.

Talking about Greenbrier and Maacon Co. brings back good ol' memories and the one that sits first and foremost on my mind was a game back in the early nineties on a cold night in Greenbrier with the final score being 3 - 2 with the Tigers coming away with the victory. This game should have easily gone to the Bobcats but thanks to 3 costly penalties, the Bobcats lost 3 touchdowns and had to endure a Mocaon Co. field goal that hit the crossbar and fell over to seal the victory. We have both come a long way since then.

Good luck this weekend Greenbrier.

HOW IS IT THAT GREENBRIER GETS TO HOST THE #1 TEAM IN THE STATE?

NOT SAYING THAT THEY DONT DESERVE TI THOUGH

GO OWLS

MF

Home field advantage is alternated between regions every year. Last year Crockett won region 6 and it was their (6 3-A) year to host. This year was region 5's year to host, so who ever won region 5 would gain home field advantage through out the playoffs. Greenbrier won region 5 3-A, going 6-0, so they get to host this year. Being ranked in any poll other than your region poll doesn't have any effect on who will host.

That's the way it is set up by the TSSAA.

Thanks Coachhard, thats a good explanation it really cleared it up for me.

Go Smith Co. Owls

MF

NO RESPECT

As a White House fan that has seen both Greenbrier and Macon take it on the chin for a long time now, I am glad to see you guys doing so well.

I have always admired the Macon County fans who stick by their team no matter what. I would love to see either or both clubs make it to the title game. If that happens, I'll root for the Tigers, but best of luck to both of you.

God I miss the old 10AA (Greenbrier, White House, Portland, Macon, Springfeild and Westmoreland sometimes) . Even though we got killed every week we alway got to get em back in Basketball. Now we don't even play the same teams in football that we playing Basketball. It stinks. Glad to hear people in "The House" has noticed what we have done this season.

NO RESPECT

I hear ya brother, I hear ya! I remember the bruisins Portland and WH used to dish out, this is ironic isn't it?