Class A Mr. Basketball

gomab2

With Skogen gone, the Class A Mr. Basketball race is wide open...

Jamar Jenkins, 6'5 Sr WF, Forrest

Xavier Webb, 6'8 Jr WF, West Carroll

Nicceaus Doaks, 6'6 Jr BF, Trenton

Brandon Shane, 6'3 Jr WF, Greenfield

Clint Blackburn, 6'2 Sr 2G, Greenfield

Jonathon Cooke, 6'5 Sr 2G, Chattanooga Christian

Daniel Puckett, 6'5 Jr WF, McEwen

Rusty Chambers, 6'1 Sr 2G, Unaka

Ryan Daniel, 6'10 Sr C, Goodpasture

The 3 finalists could be anyone out of this group...

Jamar Jenkins of Forrest is my pick to win the award this year...

Edited by gomab2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield's 2G is Clint Blackburn. Is this who you meant to include in your list?

Another guy to consider might be Skogen's little brother, who played the point for Temple last year. He was pretty impressive last year and I'm sure he has improved. He will likely put up big numbers in that system now that big brother, Wadley, and company have moved on.

Edited by ifiruledtheworld

THE GUY'S NAME FROM MCEWEN IS DANIEL PUCKETT. HE'S A GREAT CANDIDATE FOR MR. BASKETBALL. HE'S TOUGH TO GUARD BECUASE IF YOUR A GUARD HE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN LOW ONE ON ONE, AND IF YOUR A POST PLAYER HE WILL BEAT YOU OFF THE DRIBBLE. GOOD SHOOTER GOOD REBOUNDER GOOD DEFENSEMAN GOOD PLAYER

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SEASON WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE GUY'S NAME FROM MCEWEN IS DANIEL PUCKETT. HE'S A GREAT CANDIDATE FOR MR. BASKETBALL. HE'S TOUGH TO GUARD BECUASE IF YOUR A GUARD HE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN LOW ONE ON ONE, AND IF YOUR A POST PLAYER HE WILL BEAT YOU OFF THE DRIBBLE. GOOD SHOOTER GOOD REBOUNDER GOOD DEFENSEMAN GOOD PLAYER

GOOD LUCK WITH THE SEASON WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gomab I agree with almost everything you write but what is your reasoning on picking Jamar as MR. Basketball? Maybe you know something I dont know. I hear alot of people are down on him and maybe he is overrated, and this is coming from college coaches, not fans. I have not seen him play in two years but I heard he didnt even get a lot of run on the AAU team this summer. Maybe I am off on this info and that is why I am asking? I just cant see him winning that award, and I will tell you another reason why I say that. The coaches vote to see who the finalists are and all the coaches that coach against him in that area have all said that he is not as good as everyone says. I hope he does win and does well but to say he is the favorite I just done see it. Maybe you can give me some info that I dont know about. By the way where is he going to go to school now since not UTC?

Jamar is as good as any player in A,AA,AAA,DII.etc. He can play several positions and has great range on his jumper. Who have you talked to btru23 in the district? I've heard he has several schools interested in him now Western Kentucky, Western Carolina, College of Charleston, McNeese State, UL Laffette, Arkansas St., Winthorp, to name a few and that list came from Coach McClaran. I believe I know who you are and I think you use to coach against him. People use to think Casey Holt wasn't that good either and he is at North Alabama so go figure. He is a very good player and should be in the running and I doubt seriously that coaches in his district would not vote for him seeing that this would be great for the district as well.

FHS class of 95! Good luck Jamar and lead your team to victory!

Please do not think that I am wishing him bad luck because I want to see all players and coaches in 11A do well. I am not going to mention any names of the coaches but I promise a lot of them are down on him. They say that he thinks he is too cool and does not play hard enough. I dont know cause I have not seen it, but that is the word out on him. Also some of the people that were around him during AAU say the same thing. Last year I was on here saying some things toward Jamar to see how he would respond. I like him and want to see him win the award and any others he can win, but that is the word on the street with even college coaches. I dont claim to know it all but I do know what it takes to play at the next level, and when I was around him he did not understand it. That is why I say some of the things I say to him to challenge him, not to put him down. Sometimes there is a hidden message behind everything said! I know he has a lot of potential, but that will only take you so far. I just thinks he needs to play a little harder, and if he does he could DOMINATE that district without a doubt!! There is no one in that league that could stop him if he would just play a little harder. And he has to realize he could average about 20 a game and not even play that hard, but if he did he would average 30. And again that is my opinion. I just dont want you to think I am agaisnt him. He knows me and I would say this to his face, because I think it would help him in the long run. Good luck Jamar! And not to be disrespectful he is not as good as any player in the state at any level. Lets see Tyler Smith, the Delk Twins, the kid from Antioch, there are some teams in Memphis that he would not start for.