Huntingdon @ Lewis County

amsouthbank

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we stop Bell, we stop Huntingdon.

This...NOT the case. Huntingdon now has both Bell and Donald in the back-field at the same time. Sometimes, them plus Weathers at wing. You stop JUST Bell, you are in for a LONG night. Huntingdon has a stable of running backs that are capable of taking it the distance on every touch. Not to mention, when needed Parish can pass to numerous recievers. Not to mention the re-vamped O-LINE that is ready to hit any and EVERY play now that we have the right players in there.

Tombstone52 Posted on Nov 18 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (LCpanthers95 @ Nov 18 - 08:50 PM)

This...NOT the case. Huntingdon now has both Bell and Donald in the back-field at the same time. Sometimes, them plus Weathers at wing. You stop JUST Bell, you are in for a LONG night. Huntingdon has a stable of running backs that are capable of taking it the distance on every touch. Not to mention, when needed Parish can pass to numerous recievers. Not to mention the re-vamped O-LINE that is ready to hit any and EVERY play now that we have the right players in there.

Man, you should have let him keep believing that mumbo-jumbo. :angry:

Im a big stangs fan i know for a fact that the lewis co. band wont be an issue alls it will do is get the stangs hyped up...and if the stangs do lose im sure the band had nothing to do with it....right mck....and to that guy who said QUOTE (LCpanthers95

@ Nov 18 - 08:50 PM)

and our boys will hit, hit, and hit somemore until the fourth quarter is over. Good Luck Huntingdon and GO PANTHERS!!!

its so obvious u havnt seen the stangs unload on someone have u...u wanna talk about hitting they'll hit u hard n all night

Tombstone52 Posted on Nov 18 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (LCpanthers95 @ Nov 18 - 08:50 PM)

Man, you should have let him keep believing that mumbo-jumbo. :blink:

I couldn't take it. If he doesn't know anything about the obvious that we have more than Terrance then he must either be living in a shell or knows nothing of 2A football. Plus I don't think it will make any difference in what he thinks anyways, but i wouldve like to seen the look on his face when he was awestruck when Boo or Donald took off with a long one. Maybe Lewis Co's defense can prove me wrong but i dont think they have the depth or speed and possibly not the strengh to stay with our offense or defense. good luck to both teams...Lets bring the game home next week stangs.

I was going to put this reply on the other thread, but it was locked before I finished typing my post. I hope I'm not offending any moderators here, and I don't think this post is inflammatory:

I've got to say that with all of the buzz about the Lewis County band, I'm hoping that Tyner will get a chance to see them this season. This is the kind of band we love to play against. Congratulations to Mr. Luna for creating all of this buzz on a football forum.

To confirm tricklician's! information (from the other thread), the referees are indeed empowered to shut down the opposing team's band. It's not a rule that's often enforced, and usually only after a complaint from the opposing team's coach is made. After a complaint is made, the official asks the coach of the team with the offending band to have them stop playing while their own team is on defense. This does not only apply to the home band, but to both bands in the stadium.

I am a tremendous advocate of bands at football games. I think it adds to the intensity of the game and helps energize the players and fans. I don't agree that a band that plays while the opponent is on offense is showing a lack of class, but rather gamesmanship. If the opposing team is so flustered by their opponent's band that their play is disrupted, then they just need to make a request of the official and the problem stops.

Please put yourself in the shoes of the band member. These students work as hard to prepare for the game as the members of the team. They want to come to the game and "show their stuff" just as much as the football players. To be told to sit in the stands and wait until halftime is disrespectful to their time and effort. If you truly have a problem with bands at HS football games, then you should write a letter to TSSAA and ask that bands not be allowed to participate.

If they've got to be there, let them do their thing. If they are not allowed to perform, don't require them to be there. As a Tyner fan, I feel that we've got a very nice relationship between the band and the team. This partnership only makes the game more enjoyable for everyone involved.